Setup WPSOLR and Opensolr
From WPSOLR 20.3.
This video suppose you already have an account at Opensolr.
You will see how to create an Opensolr Solr index with a few clicks.
What is Opensolr?
Opensolr is a service to host Solr indexes. Rather than installing Solr on your own servers, you get a subscription and let the service manage your indexes on your behalf. No need of manpower, or servers, anymore.
Here is the video tutorial:
1 – Signup for a subscription at Opensolr
2 – Navigate to your Opensolr dashboard
3 – Click on menu “Dashboard” and copy your API key (to paste in WPSOLR new index screen)
4 – Create the Opensolr Solr index from WPSOLR admin
- (1), (2), then (3) to edit a new index
- (4) Select “Apache Solr” among index types
- (5) Select “Opensolr” among Hosting Services
- (6) Set your Opensolr account email
- (7) Copy your Opensolr API Key
- (8) Choose in the list of all Opensolr available server locations
- (9) Set a name for your index, visible in WPSOLR
- (10) Set a name for your index, visible in Opensolr Solr admin (only letters and “_”, no whitespaces)
- (11) Set a authentication user/password (optional). WPSOLR will create the user/password for you in Opensolr, to protect your index.
- (12) Create the index
Index is created!
5 – Index your data