Trouble creating index on searchstax

• tonywaterhead
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32806

I have tried a number of different solr versions including the latest searchstax offers. I am currently on 8.4. The user is created with admin ability. The ip address is whitelisted. I get the following error every time.

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore ‘f4w_indexer3_shard1_replica_n1’: Unable to create core [f4w_indexer3_shard1_replica_n1] Caused by: solr.RankField

tonywaterhead
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32808

Here is the error from WPSOLR plugin:

{ “responseHeader”:{ “status”:400, “QTime”:2964}, “failure”:{ “10.0.3.73:8983_solr”:”org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error from server at https://10.0.3.73:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore ‘f4w_indexer3_shard1_replica_n1’: Unable to create core [f4w_indexer3_shard1_replica_n1] Caused by: solr.RankField”}, “Operation create caused exception:”:”org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Underlying core creation failed while creating collection: f4w_indexer3″, “exception”:{ “msg”:”Underlying core creation failed while creating collection: f4w_indexer3″, “rspCode”:400}, “error”:{ “metadata”:[ “error-class”,”org.apache.solr.common.SolrException”, “root-error-class”,”org.apache.solr.common.SolrException”], “msg”:”Underlying core creation failed while creating collection: f4w_indexer3″, “code”:400}}

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 1 month ago #32809

WPSOLR is tested with Apache Solr 9.

tonywaterhead
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32810

OK. But not any version Solr 8? I see posts about it being testing on 8.4 with Seachstax. Am I not able to user searchstax anymore?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 1 month ago #32811

No, until Searchstax provides Solr 9

tonywaterhead
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32812

OK. So what current hosted solr do you recommend that works with WPSOLR 23?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 1 month ago #32813

Opensolr is tested with WPSOLR.

tonywaterhead
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32814

WPSOLR 23 shows it is “tested on current version.” with Searchstax.

This link shows that it has been tested on SOLR 7.5, on version 21.4 and later. I can’t find 21.4 to download and test.

Hosted Apache Solr and SolrCloud Services

I am attempting to use Elasticpress but I am getting an error with that one.

We could not join your search server. Your path could be malformed, or your search server down (error code 400)

{“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:”illegal_argument_exception”,”reason”:”In Shingle TokenFilter the difference between max_shingle_size and min_shingle_size (and +1 if outputting unigrams) must be less than or equal to: [3] but was [4]. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_shingle_diff] index level setting.”}],”type”:”illegal_argument_exception”,”reason”:”In Shingle TokenFilter the difference between max_shingle_size and min_shingle_size (and +1 if outputting unigrams) must be less than or equal to: [3] but was [4]. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_shingle_diff] index level setting.”},”status”:400}

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 1 month ago #32815

I’ll add a mention that SearchStax is deprecated, thanks.

Older versions are not are not available nor supported.

As seen on https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/elasticpress-shingle-tokenfilter-error/, this is an unsolved issue.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 months, 1 week ago #37573

Good news: Searchstax provides Solr 9 and is therefore fully supported by WPSOLR.

A live Searchstax WooCommerce demo is also available.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.