User access error?

• sraggio
    Participant
    2 weeks ago #42312

I’ve had AWS OpenSearch working for a little over two weeks, and this morning the following error popped up:

{“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:data/write/bulk] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::XXXXXXXXXX:user/bro-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”}],”type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:data/write/bulk] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::XXXXXXXXXX:user/bro-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”},”status”:403}

Nothing was changed in AWS; we updated to WordPress 6.5 six days ago, but had no problem until this morning.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 week, 6 days ago #42400

Is it related to your previous topic https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/error-connecting-index-not-a-valid-keyvalue-pair-missing-equal-sign/?

You can check AWS CloudWatch to monitor logs and track any issues or permission errors.

sraggio
    Participant
    1 week, 4 days ago #42738

Related in that it’s part of the same setup. For this latest permissions issue, I created a new index with the exact same configuration, attached the same user, and everything worked. Not sure what happened to cause the permissions error on the first index. Thanks for the info on CloudWatch, I’ll take a look and see what I can find there.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 week, 4 days ago #42739

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.