* A WordPress site
    * One or more SharePoint sites that are repositories of documents

We need to have a search that:
    * returns a single set of search results covering all of these
    * return only the SharePoint stored documents
    * return only sections of the WordPress site
    * return only WordPress content that is in a particular Custom Post Type
    * return only WordPress users

I’ve found documentation on how to index SharePoint with SOLR but I can’t tell from WP SOLR documentation if its possible to do what I described above.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 week, 2 days ago #43470

I do not think so. WPSOLR only indexes documents inside WordPress.

mark.caldwell
    Participant
    1 week, 2 days ago #43480

Thanks – I’m not concerned about WPSOLR indexing the SharePoint – I think we can configure our SOLR server to do the indexing. What I’m interested in is if we have two indexes:
    * WordPress Content
    * SharePoint
    Can we configure WPSOLR so that the search results we show in WordPress come from both of those indexes?

We have WPSOLR on a project for a different client and I’ve seen the option on the “Connect Your Indexes” tab to “Add another index”. So can we add the SharePoint index there and will the search then use both one for WordPress and one for SharePoint to get the results?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 week, 2 days ago #43481

There is nothing in WPSOLR to combine 2 indices results.
    WPSOLR can manage several indices indeed, but to be used in different sections of your site: like Elasticsearch for admin WooCommerce orders listings, and Weaviate for AI front-end search.

Also, all results are supposed to contain a post type id, to be rendered by your theme.

mark.caldwell
    Participant
    1 week, 2 days ago #43506

Thanks – thats really helpful. We’ll have to find a different way of bringing the SharePoint content into the WordPress search.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.