Search keyword not working properly

Tagged:
  • wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30293

    Unfortunately, as I cannot reproduce the problem on my environments, I cannot fix it.

    If you google this bad character issue (with Solr), you will notice that no true solution is ever found but to discard the documents concerned.

    I would be very much interested myself to solve it once for ever, as you can find unresolved similar situations on this forum.

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30298

    Hi

    I have found this forum they also didn’t get solution.

    Error when indexing products

    And also i have checked with opensolr and they are saying
    Solr, or Opensolr isn’t blocking the indexing of UTF8 or any other special characters.
    We are always using special characters in Solr, and have never had this issue.
    Again, this might be related to something in WPSolr, or the actual data you are trying to index, is corrupt or, of binary format somehow.
    Thanks
    Hemant

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30299

    I do not disagree with that. I just need to be able to reproduce your issue to fix it. Until now, I could not find a character that triggered the same error.

    What I noticed though, was that Solr seemed to be mostly concerned.
    Did you try to index with Elasticsearch, OpenSearch, or Algolia?

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30329

    Ok, Could you please let me know which function and file is using for indexing data?

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30330

    There are tens of them. What would you like to do, so I can pinpoint the right one?

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30331

    I want to do debugging on code where is actual issue. I want to see API request and response.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30332

    I’d like to do that also.
    Would you be able to use the WordPress export plugin to send me your posts with the issue?

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30333

    I sent to your email a private link where to upload your export.

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30334

    I have no access so asked to access of google drive could you please provide me access so i can upload xml file.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30335

    You should have access now.

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30336

    Thanks for providing access. I have uploaded exported xml file.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30337

    I had uploaded your export file on my local instance, and could index both posts in Solr.

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30338

    ok then what is the issue at my end could you please provide me function name and file location so that i can debug it.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30339

    I suggest to test with another search engine first. It is my first suspect, and it should be fast.
    For instance with OpenSolr (they provide a trial, and WPSOLR is integrated with OpenSolr).

    hsurekar
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #30340

    Yes i will check for other but till time could you please provide me function name and file location so that i can debug it.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.