deleted items still showing in suggestions

• ali.h@sela.ae
    Participant
    1 year, 11 months ago #29873

Deactivated Dokan and tested again, it has the same behavior.
    When deleting or trashing from the dashboard, product does not get removed from the index.
    And when trashing it does not show “Deleted fron the index” message, but it shows “Product updated in index”.
    check the below images:
    When Trashed
    When Trashed

When Deleted from trash
    When deleted from trash

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 11 months ago #29874

You should see instead when trashing:
    (WPSOLR) Product removed from index "xxx"

ali.h@sela.ae
    Participant
    1 year, 11 months ago #29875

Ok, do you already have a fix?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 11 months ago #29876

No, because it should work.
    It could be a conflict with some other plugins.
    You could try to deactivate them until deletes works. Or install a plain new WooCommerce with WPSOLR and check deletes work.

ali.h@sela.ae
    Participant
    1 year, 11 months ago #29877

So you are telling me to fix a bug/defaults in your plugin?
    Regardless if there is a conflict or not with another plugin, the error is obviously returned by your plugin. So I think you are the best to debug the issue.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 11 months ago #29878

There are only 2 ways to find the problem on your site: a php error in logs, or deactivate plugins to find where the conflict comes from. You do not seem to have the former, so I asked you to investigate the latter.

But as I said, WPSOLR will not work with Dokan or any other multi vendor plugins: I’m not sure it is worth investigating the issue. And in that case, you will be refunded if you ask for.

ali.h@sela.ae
    Participant
    1 year, 11 months ago #29881

Ok, Thank you.
    Is there any specific method in the plugin we can use to delete a document directly from the index?
    for example by passing document_id/post_id?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 11 months ago #29885

You can check the code in function delete_term_from_solr_index() of file wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/wpsolr_include.inc.php

Just be aware that this code is not a public API: internal methods can change at any time in next releases.

cbarwin
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #31128

I am having this same issue. We need a way to be able to remove items from the index programatically.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #31129

You could follow the steps mentioned above to find out why your documents are not deleted from the index.

Or you could update your posts by code with a status different from ‘published’, which should remove it from the index (check that your “real-time indexing” option on screen 2.2 is checked).

Or you could empty and fully reindex your index with a cron during the night by using our cron add-on.

cbarwin
    Participant
    1 year, 7 months ago #31130

It’s just updating the post_status in the index to “trash” — it’s not deleting it.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #31131

Did you check the option “Index all status” in screen 2.2? In that case uncheck it, empty your index, and reindex all your posts.

This would not delete the posts in the index, but they would anyway be filtered out on the front-end.

This option is meant to not remove post types that must be displayed in the back-end, even with status not published like orders.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.