A few minor questions

• mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22575

Getting everything set up, ran into some errors, they disappeared and all is good.

Only a few questions:
    1. All in One SEO – I can’t seem to get this integration to work. Although, I’m not sure it’s necessary after making changes to this add-on (?) but I have recreated the index, and still no meta or titles including facets? The message for replacing the {{start}} – {{end}} with {{value}} is a little confusing and the link to the documentation redirects to the knowledge base…is there any documentation for this? Really lost when it asks for a position…is it expecting an integer ( {{1}} )?

2. “Premium” Add-on – Is this only for Solr? I enabled but haven’t noticed anything different?

3. Is there a way to include the selected facets in the H1 tag? Concerned with someone sharing a filtered page that doesn’t fully articulate what the results content is.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22576

On my first issue, I uninstalled WPSolr and All in One SEO worked as expected. If I activate though I am dealing with the issue with facets not being generated and used in the URLs and no titles or metadata using my data.

Any thoughts here on what I should do?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22580

1. can you please attach screenshots of your issues?

2. Premium add-on is activated by default. No need to activate it.

3. There is a filter to capture the meta values of current filters

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', function () {
    add_filter( wpsolr\core\classes\WPSOLR_Events::WPSOLR_FILTER_SEO_PAGE_META_VALUE, 'wpsolr_filter_seo_page_meta_value', 10, 1 );
    } );
    };
    function wpsolr_filter_seo_page_meta_value( $value ) {
    global $wpsolr_seo_meta;
    // Store $value
    $wpsolr_seo_meta = $value;

return $value;
    }
    mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22581

Not sure where to upload files but I just added them to gofile and you can see them here:

https://gofile.io/d/90S7LD

It’s the AIO SEO settings in WPsolr screenshot and then a screenshot of the AIO SEO Settings.

Essentially the issue is that the custom meta defined in the AIO SEO settings is not be reflected on the site when WPSolr is enabled. It appears to be only a problem with taxonomies …the product page meta defined in the screenshot reflects accurately on the website.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I spoke with the developer of AIO SEO and they are not familiar with WPSolr.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22583

Question on #3:

The code you provided should just go in the fucntions.php file? Nothing changed, cleared cache, caching is turned off on the site, etc. …Maybe this isn’t working for the same reason none of the other metadata/titles isn’t working?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22597

the product page meta defined in the screenshot reflects accurately on the website.

Which one ? (WPSOLR’s or AIO’s)

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22751

For my first issue above (#1): I was never able to get AIO to work. I will test again and report back. I think it may be due to the fact they rewrote the whole thing recently. I don’t know, just what I read on their site.

The issue was two parts here: One the meta and title defined in AIO were not being displayed on the category pages. This was resolved by installing Yoast and titles and meta for category pages are displayed accurately.

The second part of the problem with the SEO plugin was just getting the permalinks working using the facets. I have attempted to do so from multiple themes and with all my plugins deactivated.

I do believe it may be a bug because when I got to the settings where I can specify facet settings ({{statrt}} – {{end}, etc). no matter what I put in the first field it doesn’t appear to save the settings – Unless I change the value in the second field. Regardless of what is entered into the first field, after saving, the entry reverts back to “{{start}} – {{end}}”. So, basically, I can’t save anything.

#2 – Clear.

#3 – Is there any documentation on displaying the selected facets at the top of the page?

Thanks for your help.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22757

So, basically, I can’t save anything

You can find a fix for the UI admin bug on https://trello.com/c/DSZAgYDL/112-beta-release

Is there any documentation on displaying the selected facets at the top of the page?

Please create another topic for this.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by wpsolr.
    mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22764

Im not seeing any difference with the bug Im seeing here:

– I select “Generate permalink with this facet”
    – Next, in the “Set position in the permalink URL” I change to {{value}}
    – Click save
    – My changes are not saved and what is displayed in the field is still {{start}} – {{end}}

However, If I change the value in the second field (“Define a permalink template for this facet…”) it will save but also changes the value in the “Set a position in the permalink URL” field.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22768

Did you activate the “Theme” add-on? (I can replicate your issue on my own environment).

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22778

First, I now notice that there is only one field to specify {{value}} under the permalinks feature in the Filters settings. It also saves, so no problems there.

I just activated the Theme add-on but don’t see a difference?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22779

Problem solved then?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22780

No. Permalinks for facets are not working.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22784

Can you send me a screenshot of your WPSOLR AIO SEO add-on settings?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22785

I couldn’t get AIO SEO to work and moved to using Yoast but here is a screenshot of the settings:

https://gofile.io/d/aK3YPi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.