A few minor questions

• wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22786

The “Use permalinks” is mandatory.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22787

Your home permalink “search” could also be an issue (infinite redirects), as it might already be defined as a WP default permalinks.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22792

search isn’t defined anywhere else in permalinks but I have also tried to change this and it had no impact. Maybe this will be easier if I send you my theme and you can confirm it works with your plugin?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22793

yeah, I have no idea where to take this next. I have tried from multiple themes with every possible configuration change both before and after this most recent update. I have tried with all my plugins deactivated as well and not sure what else to do at this point?

Can you share a link to a free theme where this feature works?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22794

Please send me your screenshot settings for WPSOLR AIO SEO add-on.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22795

We are going in circles at this point. I posted this yesterday:

I couldn’t get AIO SEO to work and moved to using Yoast but here is a screenshot of the settings:
    https://gofile.io/d/aK3YPi

I even paid for AIO and it still didn’t work.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22798

Screenshot of Yoast settings after a reindex with “Use Permalinks” selected under Redirection selected and ‘prodshop’ being used as a test for the permalinks home:

https://gofile.io/d/ieaZNp

Still no permalinks but I am continuing to test.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 5 months ago #22799

Ok, I am making progress.

I selected “Redirect facets to permalinks home” under generate search facet permalinks and now I am seeing permalinks after you search for the actual search term as well as the facets. Facets are also being generated as indicated under the storage section (of the Yoast settings).

However, I am not seeing any permalinks for URLs produced by the facets when on a category page. This may be apart of my confusion…is this even supposed to happen?

What I was expecting was:

../category1/category2+facet1+facet2

Am I correct or do the permalinks only work for URLs produced after a user has performed a search (and not category pages)?

Thanks for your help!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 5 months ago #22801

Yes, the “Use permalinks” option is mandatory.

However, I am not seeing any permalinks for URLs produced by the facets when on a category page.

Indeed, permalinks are generated on search urls only.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.