WPSOLR PRO + Crontab Extension + Elasticsearch
This video suppose you already have installed a local Elasticsearch.
You will see how to setup WPSOLR PRO to index your indexes with:
- ACF PRO Crontab extension
- Your local Elasticsearch
WPSOLR provides three methods to index your post types in Elasticsearch or Apache Solr:
- Real-time: as soon a post type is changed (created, updated, trashed …).
- Batch: all changed post types are indexed on a click of a button.
- Crontab: your favorite scheduler (crontab or other) calls a REST API to index all changed post types.
This video shows the many features of Crontab indexing with the WPSOLR PRO Crontab extension:
- Setup a cron (select the indexes, select incremental vs full, select to delete before indexing)
- Generate and call a cron’s REST API (cURL is used, but any http client can do it). Set the security authentication.
- See cron log JSON properties (time to index, errors, which indexes, how many docs indexed per index)
- Stop a running cron
- Manage “cron vs cron” deadlocks
- Manage “cron vs batch” deadlocks