Forum Replies Created
-
sraggioParticipant3 months, 2 weeks ago in reply to: Activating Boosts removes some products from search #59413
Thanks, that works. How does boost work with default sort? My catalog uses SKU for default sort order; when boost is implemented, will that be overridden to sort by boost-determined relevance?
sraggioParticipant3 months, 3 weeks ago in reply to: Activating Boosts removes some products from search #59342Is this by design in WPSolr? Claude is recommending that I change schema.xml, to add the following filter to the text_lws type:
<charFilter class=”solr.PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory” pattern=”[,;:()\[\]{}]” replacement=” “/>
so that the search, with Boost activated, will properly return instances of the search term with punctuation attached.sraggioParticipant3 months, 3 weeks ago in reply to: Activating Boosts removes some products from search #59339After some AI troubleshooting, this is Claude’s conclusion:
Your title field is type text_lws — and that “_lws” is almost certainly a whitespace + lowercase analyzer with no punctuation handling. The catch-all your non-boosted search hits (_text_, type text_general, StandardTokenizer) strips punctuation; text_lws does not. That’s the entire bug. When boost is off you query the punctuation-stripped catch-all (everything matches); when boost is on WPSolr queries the individual text_lws fields by name, and every punctuation-glued occurrence drops out.sraggioParticipant3 months, 3 weeks ago in reply to: Activating Boosts removes some products from search #59335I’ve assigned a boost factor to every field listed in 2.3 Boosts, and set “copy to text field” on all where it’s an option. However, I’m still seeing a disparity comparing public site searches to searches in the admin product listings. For one test search term, 107 vs 95; another 200 vs 179. When I track down the products missing from the public search, most contain the search term in the title, which I have assigned the highest boost factor to.
sraggioParticipant2 years ago in reply to: Current version download link? #46364That worked, thanks!
sraggioParticipant2 years ago in reply to: Current version download link? #46362We just restored our test site (test.broinc.com) from a backup, and I’m unable to re-activate the license. I’m getting the message “The operation failed, an object with these [license, site url] already exists” — the www site shows the license correctly activated. The new version of the test site was showing an error, I tried to deactivate and reactivate, but no luck. Can you assist?
sraggioParticipant2 years, 5 months ago in reply to: User access error? #42738Related in that it’s part of the same setup. For this latest permissions issue, I created a new index with the exact same configuration, attached the same user, and everything worked. Not sure what happened to cause the permissions error on the first index. Thanks for the info on CloudWatch, I’ll take a look and see what I can find there.
sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Error Connecting Index: not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign)… #41058The Opensearch documentation linked above is the tutorial I followed. The screenshots are a bit out of date, particularly when creating the domain. I didn’t see an option (per sections 3.7 – 3.9) to insert the new user ARN in the Access Policy section. I selected “set IAM ARN as master user” and pasted the new user ARN there, which worked, and allowed me to create a new index in WPSolr.
The documentation specifies using a “Development and Testing” deployment type and t3.small.search. Are you recommending this for production use as well, or will a production deployment type be required?
sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Error Connecting Index: not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign)… #40963My Policy is set up to grant all permissions:
{
“Version”: “2012-10-17”,
“Statement”: [
{
“Sid”: “VisualEditor0”,
“Effect”: “Allow”,
“Action”: “es:*”,
“Resource”: “*”
}
]
}sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Error Connecting Index: not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign)… #40962I discovered an error copy/pasting the secret key. Now, with the correct ID/key info, I see the following error:
{“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:admin/create] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::760237134273:user/broinc-wpsolr-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”}],”type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:admin/create] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::760237134273:user/broinc-wpsolr-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”},”status”:403}
sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Error Connecting Index: not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign)… #40961Yes, region is us-east-1
sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Current version download link? #40265Thanks for confirming. I had to deactivate then reactivate license, now it is recognized by both sites.
sraggioParticipant2 years, 6 months ago in reply to: Current version download link? #40263The tabs in my gotosolr account don’t match what you’re showing in your link. I don’t have an “upgrade/convert” tab. When I open my subscription link I see only “Main Details / Add/Remove Extensions / Extensions Activated” tabs. I was able to purchase a second seat under “Add/Remove Extensions” but I don’t think this is what I need. Can you convert that to a second seat for my plugin license, or provide me with a link to upgrade? We have a subscription for our www (live) site, and want to purchase a seat for our test (development) site.
sraggioParticipant2 years, 7 months ago in reply to: Current version download link? #40137What are my options, then, to test updates prior to updating our live site? Can I move our license back and from from our test subdomain to our live site?
sraggioParticipant2 years, 12 months ago in reply to: Slow keyword search #36769Update on this: We discovered that it was a conflict with the Booster Tools SKU plugin. Disabling that plugin resolved the slow keyword search issue.