Error Connecting Index: not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign)…

• sraggio
    Participant
    1 month ago #40958

I followed the tutorial to set up AWS OpenSearch and successfully created a domain. However, when I set up the connection in tab 0 of the WPSolr plugin, I’m getting the following error (I’ve replaced our AWS Access Key ID with XXXXXX):

{“message”:”‘ldTVAo/20240325/us-east-1/es/aws4_request’ not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign) in Authorization header: ‘AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 Credential=XXXXXX/20240325/us-east-1/es/aws4_request, SignedHeaders=host;x-amz-content-sha256;x-amz-date, Signature=6e4cdce98cdd0326d1ea5b18c1862268ae0981eb43ab34f98e73b0d454af4a32’.”}

Any idea what the issue could be?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 month ago #40959

Did you create your OpenSearch domain in zone us-east-1 ?

sraggio
    Participant
    1 month ago #40961

Yes, region is us-east-1

sraggio
    Participant
    1 month ago #40962

I discovered an error copy/pasting the secret key. Now, with the correct ID/key info, I see the following error:

{“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:admin/create] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::760237134273:user/broinc-wpsolr-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”}],”type”:”security_exception”,”reason”:”no permissions for [indices:admin/create] and User [name=arn:aws:iam::760237134273:user/broinc-wpsolr-user, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null]”},”status”:403}

sraggio
    Participant
    1 month ago #40963

My Policy is set up to grant all permissions:
    {
    “Version”: “2012-10-17”,
    “Statement”: [
    {
    “Sid”: “VisualEditor0”,
    “Effect”: “Allow”,
    “Action”: “es:*”,
    “Resource”: “*”
    }
    ]
    }

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 month ago #40964

You can check our Opensearch documentation on the policy we used for our WooCommerce Opensearch demo.

sraggio
    Participant
    1 month ago #41058

The Opensearch documentation linked above is the tutorial I followed. The screenshots are a bit out of date, particularly when creating the domain. I didn’t see an option (per sections 3.7 – 3.9) to insert the new user ARN in the Access Policy section. I selected “set IAM ARN as master user” and pasted the new user ARN there, which worked, and allowed me to create a new index in WPSolr.

The documentation specifies using a “Development and Testing” deployment type and t3.small.search. Are you recommending this for production use as well, or will a production deployment type be required?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 month ago #41060

Thanks for the feedback. Happy it worked.

Generally speaking, small VMs should be enough, unless you get a lot of queries per seconds.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.