Forum Replies Created
-
jnearsParticipant1 year, 5 months ago in reply to: Search being hit by wildcard #54057
So is there a way to prevent bots from doing searches? I guess we need to prevent these via firewall? Not something that wpsolr module can assist with?
There are 355,394 hits (“*” OR (*)) in last three days – this seems to be more than a bot?
jnearsParticipant1 year, 7 months ago in reply to: Set Do not search checkbox via WP All Import #53437Great thanks – this works well!
jnearsParticipant2 years ago in reply to: Service Temporarily Unavailable #46271OK thanks
I have considered increasing the capacity of our host server. Hopefully, this will help.
jnearsParticipant2 years ago in reply to: Service Temporarily Unavailable #46269I deleted the settings and set up a new index on Opensolr.
I reconfigured all the screens but still get errors on the 2.2. Data’ or ‘3. Send your data’ tabs. These errors are normally ‘Service Temporarily Unavailable’ or ‘Gateway timeout’.
On some occasions, I can reach the ‘3. Send your data’ tab, but indexing the data takes far longer than on our live site.I have often experienced browser timeout/memory issues with the data screen due to the large amount of ACF repeater fields on our site but this seems more related to server memory or resources.
I’m using WPSOLR PRO 23.9 with PHP 8.1
Many thanks
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44715cron setup – https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/wpsolr-cron.png
scheduled task in Plesk – https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/schedule-task.png
The output of the task (HTML from page not found 404 from website) – https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/scheduled-task-output.png
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44703Yes – the command below is directly pasted from the command generated by the wpsolr add-on (xxx replace the password):
curl -X GET -H “Content-type: application/json” -H “Accept: application/json” -u wpsolr-cron:xxxxx “https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wpsolr-api/json/cron/xxxxx”
I have also set the server’s SSH access to /bin/bash to allow SSH requests.
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44701I have created a cron job using the Cron Scheduling add-on as suggested but when I run the task both from my terminal window and the scheduled task on the server I get returned the contents of a page not found 404
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44696It could be a plugin conflict. However, as this is a live site, it is difficult to test without causing issues for end users.
Do you provide a free or cheap dev license so I can place your module on our test site? This would be really useful and reduce the need for me to use the forum, as I could try various options first.
Alternatively, is there a function/hook built into your module that I can call using a Cron job that will index the non-indexed content? i.e does the same job as the button ‘Index selected post types in index …’ under the Tab 3.0 ‘Send your data’ (this manual process does successfully index new content).
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44694The site only has one index.
Our indexes are hosted on Opensolr (https://opensolr.com/)
I do have another index in our account, but this is used for another website.
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44681I have also noticed the following issue in the logs
[17-May-2024 09:43:35 UTC] (WPSOLR) Attribute is different from escaped value: selected=’selected’ => selected='selected'
One of the fields contains special characters that are run through a function to display the contents.
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44680Here are the screenshots
https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/screen2-2.png
https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/screen2-2-1.png
https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/screen2-2-2.png
https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/tmp/screen2-2-3.png
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44679I have noticed when I enter the admin area, I get the following warning message in the html:
Warning: Undefined array key “wpsolr-pro/wpsolr-pro.php” in …/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/pro/class-wpsolr-pro-updates.php< on line 249
FYI – I’m using PHP 8.0.29
Will send links to the screenshots.
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44457There is no message as far as I can tell.
I just published a new test page, to be sure, but nothing was displayed on the page.
jnearsParticipant2 years, 4 months ago in reply to: New posts not being indexed #44455Hi
My WP Solr instance still doesn’t automatically index new content even though I’m currently using WPSOLR PRO 23.7
To confirm, I have NOT checked ‘Stop real-time indexing’.
Please advise
Many thanks
Jonathan
jnearsParticipant2 years, 5 months ago in reply to: Facet filtering very slow #43532Thanks for this
I have activated the ajax template ‘Use my current theme search template without ajax (with widget Facets and widget Sort)’. This does not appear to make a difference.
Do I need to configure all the classes/ids to target under ‘Current theme Ajax search’ before the ajax template works at all?
I tried to set a delay of 5000ms for facet refresh to test if the ajax temaplte was working but this had no effect
Thanks