Yoast SEO documentation

• jamie
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17554

Yes you said “Fix a huge gap in Yoast SEO features. Generate beautiful SEO urls and meta descriptions for your search pages”

So we would like to make the right settings for this.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17555
    jamie
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17579

Hi thanks for the video. I do understand it till the 4th minuut. Exept I do not see in the video what you did to change the ?s=&post_type=product to /shop. Can you please explain? The video is not clear for me.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17580

Below is the minimum settings to generate your search permalinks with Yoast:

Image wpsolr_yoast_setup_permalinks.png of

jamie
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17584

Hi,

I used these settings and at filters I checked the generate a permalink for this facet.
    However it is still not working. What am I missing?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17585

Please check option “Redirect search” as you are using your own theme search bar, which redirects to default “?s=”. This option will forward to the permalink urls.

Notice that “search” home permalink can lead to redirection, as it can be already used by WooCommerce or wordPress. Change it if that is the case.

jamie
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17586

Yes this seemed to work!

But now when I choose a colour I get: %7B%7Bstart%7D%7D-%7B%7Bend%7D%7D instead of the color name?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17588

Change your permalink value on the color filter. It seems to be set as “{{start}} – {{end}}” instead of “{{value}}”

jamie
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17593

Yes thank you! This fixed my problem

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 2 months ago #24949
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.