Yith search and search results page

• robpl1
    Participant
    2 years, 10 months ago #27081

2 questions. Does the Yith Ajax Search Premium also work with WP-Solr or is it only the Free version? Also, try as I might, I cannot get my Divi search results page to work the way your Divi demo does. Is it possible to get hold of the template you use for that page or a tutorial on building one? The Demo also seems to Use Yith Premium.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 10 months ago #27084

Does the Yith Ajax Search Premium also work with WP-Solr or is it only the Free version?

We only tested the Yith Ajax Search free version.

Also, try as I might, I cannot get my Divi search results page to work the way your Divi demo does. Is it possible to get hold of the template you use for that page or a tutorial on building one?

The DIVI demo is not using the WPSOLR search template (deprecated), but rather the current theme’s search template (chosen in WPSOLR screen 2.1).

The Demo also seems to Use Yith Premium

The DIVI demo is not using Yith at all.

robpl1
    Participant
    2 years, 9 months ago #27272

OK, But is there a way of specifying that all search terms must be found? The default appears to be matches are shown are if any search term is found which results in far too many matches, also is there a way of excluding the description from the search as that often refers to other products that I don’t want to appear in the results?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 9 months ago #27283

@Robpl1 You can indeed control which fields are searched in menu “2.3 Search”

Image wpsolr-admin-boost.png of

robpl1
    Participant
    2 years, 9 months ago #27112

Hi Patrice,
    I keep trying various options but still get some very strange results. For example in the following image you can see the legend saying it;s showing all 26 results but only twoincorrect number of ptoducts showing in search are displayed. This is not going to a search results page, just leaving Divi as it is out of the box. On a search with a reported 700+ responses only the 1st 100 get shown, but there’s no pagination.
    Top of search results Bottom of search results
    But this is going to cause me the most trouble. Custom results page with sidebar It only shows 3 on the page but you can see from teh widget bar there’s a few more, but mostly but what I need is search results where all the terms are matched, not just any of them, so from the search bar the 1st 5 should be showing and no others, which would equate to just 1 on the page as seen.

My settings (screen 2.1 – Presentation) is Search settings
    Many thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.