Wrong Count Showing for to be Indexed

• 8 months, 2 weeks ago #35423

Hi, I have created a new test index, the count is showing around 1.5L instead of 3L which are published, around 36k are solr_no_indexed.. that is fine but overall found posts to be indexed is showing wrong.. How to debug this ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    8 months, 2 weeks ago #35424

Products not in stocks?

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35425

no those are in stock, the orginal db we are using is showing correct count, this is just a clone of the same db, wordpress published count is fine, but solr showing wrong..
    I checked the count its only 14k not 1.45L, missing out around 2.7L reports which should be shown as not indexed.

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35428

updating all posts modified date fixed the issue, not sure why solr didn’t considered the modified dates on a fresh index. It should have consider the total posts on fresh index.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    8 months, 2 weeks ago #35429

Di you create a new index with a different name?

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35431

yes, different name and label. Actually, the backend Settings tab for data and filter, gives timeout for us due to huge metadata, so I use the import/export json and change index and label name, and use it in test environments. I do this generally, created new indexes in the past, but this time faced this issue.

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35432

any solution to prevent this, while creating new indexs using import/export json ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    8 months, 2 weeks ago #35433

This is a nice idea.

I suspect some old meta data is attached to your new index. Did you delete the new index content first? (even empty)

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35434

No, I didn’t delete, as its a new index, and showing zero posts indexed, so I didn’t delete it..
    Again I tried to create a new index with same process, the new index was showing as 0 reports to be indexed. and it says 14k reports are in index.
    Somehow the metadata was linked to it, even though the index name and label was different.
    Image image.png of
    [I modified the id in the screenshot]
    There is some id, which I didnt changed, even after changing the label and index name, I believe this id might be the reason for the issue, But I am not sure if we can keep any randomised alphanumeric id, or it should match with some id in solr index. Same id is present in the json file, around 6 times.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    8 months, 2 weeks ago #35435

Please delete the new index content first (even empty). It will reset the internal watermarks.

8 months, 2 weeks ago #35437

sure, will try this…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.