WP Solr Search for Custom Taxonomy Pages

• 1 year, 7 months ago #30789

Hi,
    I have checked Search and Categories option, I couldnt find any option for taxonomies. I want to enable wp solr search for custom taxonomy pages too, also the custom taxonomy needs to be pre populated based on the url.
    Image image.png of WP Solr Search for Custom Taxonomy Pages
    After adding this, I still dont see the page like the search page. Can you pls help me with this

1 year, 7 months ago #30790

I fixed the issue with custom template, and also its populating the result based on the taxonomy. But the taxonomy facet is hidden.
    I want to display the custom facet with that current taxonomy checked, so that user is aware of the pre populated taxonomy.

1 year, 7 months ago #30796

Any update on this pls?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30801

It is an intentional feature to remove the current archive term from the filters.

I checked the code, and there is no way to change that with hooks.

1 year, 7 months ago #30803

Can you tell the file name, where I can check and remove this limitation ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #30804

In /plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/pro/extensions/theme/class-wpsolr-option-theme.php, method wpsolr_filter_facets_content_to_display() called by hook WPSOLR_Events::WPSOLR_FILTER_FACETS_CONTENT_TO_DISPLAY

1 year, 7 months ago #30805

Okay, got it..

1 year, 7 months ago #31067

Hi, I am facing issue with taxonomy pages. If I am in a taxonomy page called A, some more facets are also showing along with current taxonomy page.
    And this behaviors is changing for different taxonomy pages, for some pages the taxonomy facet is completely hidden, for some its showing up with children instead of parent taxonomy.

Can you tell me why this is happening ?

1 year, 7 months ago #31070

any update on this ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #31074

On taxonomy archives, the current term with all its parent terms are not shown on the facets widgets. All other facets are displayed as usual.

1 year, 7 months ago #31079

I can still see some random current taxonomy showing up in that taxonomy pages, sometimes it also shows up some related taxonomy along with parent term, which should be hidden I guess.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #31080

Can you send here a screenshot of the problem?

1 year, 7 months ago #31088

I figured out one thing, whenever we are on a term page, if it has children terms, they are showing up. else that complete term widget is hiding.
    And I selected a taxonomy here, others are also showing up, may I know the reason why these are showing up.
    Image image.png of . Any possibility to only show selected taxonomy ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 7 months ago #31091

I figured out one thing, whenever we are on a term page, if it has children terms, they are showing up. else that complete term widget is hiding.

Indeed, this is the expected behaviour: current taxonomy term and its parents are hidden.

And I selected a taxonomy here, others are also showing up, may I know the reason why these are showing up.

It could indicate that some post types have both consumer and automotive for instance

1 year, 7 months ago #31093

okay, can this behavior be changed ? to show only the selected term in taxonomy pages instead of matching taxonomies?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.