Wonky results when terms have same name but belong to different parents
3 months, 2 weeks ago #34447
I’ve encountered the following issue and I was wondering if it’s a bug and if you can help me solve it. Thanks in advance!
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create these terms Sci-Fi, Movies, and Books.
2. Create a new term, call it “Sci-Fi” and set it as a child of Movies.
3. Create a new term, call it “Sci-Fi” and set it as a child of Books.
4. Create three random posts and assign each of them to one of those terms. For instance. Post 1 has term Sci-Fi, Post 2 has term Movies / Sci-Fi and Post 3 has term Books / Sci-Fi
– Sci-Fi -> Post 1
— Sci-Fi -> Post 2
— Sci-Fi -> Post 3
WordPress shows one post on each term archive, but WPSolr shows three posts on Sci-Fi and one post on Movies / Sci-Fi and another one on Books / Sci-Fi3 months, 2 weeks ago #34448
Is it related to https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/archive-page-showing-non-relevant-items/ ?3 months, 1 week ago #34835
Well, I’m still seeing the problem. In fact, if I create a category term in a completely different taxonomy and try to navigate to the archive page, it shows entries from the other taxonomy terms.
To further explain the issue I’m facing here is the hierarchy I’m using.
– Primary Tax
– – Sci-Fi -> Post 1
– – Movies
– – – Sci-Fi -> Post 2
– – Books
– – – Sci-Fi -> Post 3
– Secondary Tax
– – Sci-Fi -> No Posts (show posts from the primary tax for sci-fi, movies sci-fi, and books sci-fi)
I really appreciate your support to help solve the problem.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.