Site with archived content

• dnikola
    Participant
    4 years, 1 month ago #18689

Hi Partice,

I have one news site with a lot of content – posts. With attachments it is more than 1M+
    I would like to separate content, for example to “archive” content older than 6 months in separated database, and fresh content to stay at this current database. I would like to do that one a week or daily with crone, that doesn’t meter now.

I found that this cross domain search could be great solution as achieve of my goal.
    I would like to create two index, and I would like setup cronjob from wpsolr plugin and tell wpsolr to use different database for that cronjob? (after i move data older than 6 month to that new DB I would like to get this data sync in index2)
    After move of data index1 will be sync also (it will need to be sync with first index complete empty?)

Than I will create page for example archive which will act as search page but for that page i will filter WP to use DB2 instead of DB for post search query I can make WPsolr to do same?

This is from first hand option, just thinking from my head, If you think that there is more handy solution in place, can you please provide me.

Regards!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 1 month ago #18768

Why would you move your older posts?

dnikola
    Participant
    4 years, 1 month ago #18771

performance issus…
    I have a site which uses some theme with builder and i think query-s are not going trough WP Solr.
    BTW is there any chance to test that? Some plugin like WP Debug bar or similar?

Thanks!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 1 month ago #18777

Only main archive queries are replaced by WPSOLR. This is why we built some add-ons for themes like Listify, Jobify, Mylisting, Directory+, Listable.

You can check with https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/

dnikola
    Participant
    4 years, 1 month ago #18781

any instructions how to do that for some other theme?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 1 month ago #18782

There is no generic method. Its theme by theme.

dnikola
    Participant
    4 years, 1 month ago #18808

Ok, can you make it for this theme https://themeforest.net/item/herald-news-portal-magazine-wordpress-theme/13800118

and what estimated can be?

And any suggestion regarding my initial question as possible solution 🙂

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 1 month ago #18817

Please use the pricing page booking button if you want to discuss some custom work.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by wpsolr.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.