Site is non responsive after upgrade

  • jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    I have been running 20.9 without any issues on 2 web sites. I recently tried upgrading the 2 sites to the latest version of 21.1. One site works fine, the other now never finishes loading and times out. I have reverted back to 20.9 and everything works ok. I don’t see any errors in any logs. I do see alot of SQL statements running while the site is clocking.

    What would be the best way to debug this issue?

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    Hi,

    You can try this solution: Fatal error activating plugin

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    I am actually running php 7.1.2. I can activate the plugin and navigate through wp-admin, but as soon as I visit any of the site pages, the page never returns.

    I don’t think the SQL is related, I noticed it was happening even with the plugin disabled.

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    Not sure if it helps or is related, the site also use wp-router.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    Try to deactivate all plugins until the site is back on.

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    I am guessing it is something to do with wp-router. I disabled most of the plugins and didn’t make any difference. I tried disabling wp-router, but that basically breaks the site. Is there any time of debuging that is in wpsolr I could use to help pinpoint where it is hanging?

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    You can check your debug.log file for errors/warnings.

    I noticed it was happening even with the plugin disabled

    What makes you think it is related to WPSOLR then?

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    You can also install the Query Monitor plugin. You can perhaps find some golden nugget (like if it is related to a huge SQL query).

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    Sorry, the not related was referring to the sql that was executing, not the site issue. Let me try the query monitor plugin. It think it does have something to do with mysql, when the 21.1 plugin is activated running on MAMP on my local machine, mysql starts using alot of CPU. Ill post back anything I find from the query monitor plugin. Thx for your help

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    Fine.

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    Must be something stuck in a loop, it keeps running out of memroy:

    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 6492782592 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in

    I have bumped it up to 6G and it is still failing.

    I’ll probably have to fall back to 20.9 for now since we have a launch date in the next few weeks. I’ll keeping investigating to see if I can track down the issue when I can.

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    Is there a way to complete remove the plugin so I can re-install(including the license or any other data stored in the db)? I am wondering if there is some issue with the license being partially installed. On my other site on dev I see the following message “This is a test environment only.”, the dev site I am having an issue with shows “Your license is not active. Please activate it now.”

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    “Your license is not active. Please activate it now.”

    You need to activate your license indeed.

    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    # 9 months ago

    Your domain name match dev.* or *.dev to be considered as dev.

    See https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/test-the-plugin-without-a-payment-method/ for more examples.

    jeffphipps
    Participant
    # 9 months ago

    I had assumed from the examples from that post:

    localhost
    dev.mysite.com
    env1.dev-mysite.com
    staging.env1.mysite.com
    env1.mysite.test

    that dev just had to be in the name, such as the example above “env1.dev-mysite.com”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.