Solr results page error

• jnears
    Participant
    4 years, 4 months ago #15422

Hi

I’m testing the plugin and have the WP solr Pro installed on a test site

I have installed a local solr instance and core and have successfully indexed 635 pages and posts including custom fields

The wpsolr-search page displays the results like below. The ‘Array’ link just points back to the search page:

Showing 1 to 20 results out of 635
    Array

By Array, on 01/01/1970, 1 comments

Array

Array

……

Is this a template issue or problem with the module configuration

Many thanks

Jonathan

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 4 months ago #15423

It looks like your Solr index is not configured with the WPSOLR config files.

Check out the tutorial: https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/configure-your-indexes/connect-to-an-apache-solr-index/

jnears
    Participant
    4 years, 3 months ago #15641

Hi

I think this is all configured properly. When im on the main WP Solr index page it goes green and says connection is successful.

The index is visible in the solr admin dashboard and corresponds to the same amount of posts/pages indexed to what WP Solr is reporting.

I have tried deleting all the content and only adding one content type to the index (FAQ custom post type of which there are only 30)

When i visit the results page it say at the top 30 records are indexed but the page lists results incorrectly

Showing 1 to 20 results out of 30
    Array

Array

I have tried disabling a few custom plugins, changing permalink structure and also applied a different theme.

I’m using MAMP pro – not sure if this would make a difference?

The only other thing i could try is a new vanilla instance of WordPress with a few basic pages and WP solr?

Thanks

Jon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 3 months ago #15642

Your index contains the right amount of data, but probably not in the right format because the configuration files (schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, …) are not installed.

In the Solr admin, can you select your index, then click in the “Files” submenu? what do you see?

jnears
    Participant
    4 years, 3 months ago #15643

Hi

Thanks this makes sense and so i created a new index and checked the files folder and they where different (i believe I dad the default solr files not the correct wp solr ones).

I just changed my existing index config in wordpress to point to the new index with the correct config files then re-indexed it and all seem to be working correctly

thanks for the help

Jon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 3 months ago #15644

Great

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.