Local development environment search functionality broken using Open Search

• nmckay
    Participant
    5 months ago #37874

Since WP Solr Pro v23.4 and beyond the development environment I use on my local machine for my WordPress website is no longer able to use Solr search. I am unable to create or re-sync an index, search or use any of the WP Solr features.

The WP Solr Pro version v23.3 and prior did not have any issues on the local development or production environment. At that point the local and production environment was using Elastic Search index. Elastic Search broke search functionality in all environments in version v23.4 and beyond. I reconfigured another search index using Open Search. This reconfiguration corrected the broken functionality on the production environment.

However, the local environment is still broken. I use Docker for my local development environment. The only way I have been able to get the local environment to work is to revert WP Solr Pro to v23.3, re-sync the index using that version, then update the plugin to v23.5 again.

Subdomain of our local environment: dev.mydomain_name.extension

How can I get v23.4 and beyond to work locally again? Are there debugging steps I can take to better identify the source of the issue?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 months ago #37877

WPSOLR does not provide dev licenses anymore.

nmckay
    Participant
    5 months ago #37923

Two follow up questions:

If I used a namespace different from “dev” locally for my local environment, would the local search work then?

How am I supposed to develop locally using your plugin so that I can test search results pages and search filters?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 months ago #37953

You have to buy as many seats on your subscription as environments you need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.