In a hierarchical taxonomy structure, filter by the father and get only the son
2 years, 11 months ago #19705
Hello Patrice, not sure if this is a custom work request or if there is a way to reach our goal with your settings.
Basically we have a hierarchical tanonomy structure and we want to filter by the father, getting the child as suggestion.
We did a short video so that is easier to understand eachother -> https://www.loom.com/share/8e1048c920d94fe7b7b1a327ca65dd5b
Fabrizio2 years, 11 months ago #19706
You should first configure your filters in screen 2.4, and add the widget to your side bar(s) so you can see them on all your archive pages selected in screen 2.1
The /wpsolr page shown in your video is the deprecated WPSOLR search template. Try /?s= (search archive), or your other archives instead (CPT, categories, terms…).2 years, 11 months ago #19739
I did some tests and this is what I got:
1. I got that filters can only be used in archive pages or Search Results page, that means pages where there are already results.
It seems not possible to have a single page with a search bar (classic WordPress) and the filters (that is what we need and what seems to be implemented in your example https://www.cartochrome.com/).
2. It seems that filters only appear if some CPT is indexed. If I index only taxonomy terms, the filters do not appear. As I explained in the video, we just need to type taxonomy terms, and click on one live suggestion to land on that archive page (your ‘Suggestion content’), so we do not need any CPT indexed.
3. It seems that filters only apply to the results, not on the live suggestions as we asked in the ticket.
If I had not been clear:
– Is it possible to filter the live suggestions (the ones shown below the search bar) through a filter?
– If the live suggestion are hierarchical taxonomy terms, is it possible to filter them by parent taxonomy terms (fathers, that in our example are cities)
In the video it is explained the problem, but maybe my English is not enough to be clear ?
4. About archive pages where the filters can be used, in screen 2.1 I can only select Categories, not Custom Taxonomy (this is what we use)
If the previous statements are wrong and you need to know what my set up is, I will willingly show you what I actually did.
PS: we got a problem of more than 8000 draft pages created, do you maybe know this error? Could it maybe be due to WPSLR?2 years, 11 months ago #19743
3. Live suggestions do not contain filters. It is a feature by design.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.