Does not connects to index

• omerpakal
    Participant
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11761

Please show me your “Logging” menu content.

omerpakal
    Participant
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11763

Try remove both indexes from the Solr admin “Core” menu.

And create a new index from scratch, following WPSOLR instructions.

omerpakal
    Participant
    5 years ago #11764

That’s what I did the first time.
    It was the host provider who helped me installed the Apache Solr according to the instructions given.

Do you want me to ask the host provider to talk strait to you since I don’t have a direct access to the server?

Also, the free trial is about to end today but I didn’t have the chance to really test the plugin because of the issue. I wish to get an extension for the free trial once the problem is solved. In the meantime I have deactivated the license in order to get billed.

Thanks.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11765

Then you should make your tests with the test Elasticsearch index delivered with the plugin: https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/video-gallery-create-index/youtube-video-create-test-elasticsearch-index-2-clicks/

omerpakal
    Participant
    5 years ago #11767

I already tried to test using the Elasticsearch index delivered with the plugin but I am getting an error:

An unexpected error occured. Please retry a bit later.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11768

Probably your host blocking outbound connection to the hosted test Elasticsearch service.

omerpakal
    Participant
    5 years ago #11769

So to solve the test not working I should talk with my host provider and ask them to allow outbound connection?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11770

I got the same error on the test index “An unexpected error occured. Please retry a bit later.”. It does not come from your host.

omerpakal
    Participant
    5 years ago #11771

Do you have an idea where does it come from?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11772

I’ll have to investigate.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11773

I found the issue with the test Elasticsearch indexes. I will deploy a fix in an hour. I’ll let you know here.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years ago #11774

The Elasticsearch test index is back. You can create your test index now.

omerpakal
    Participant
    5 years ago #11775

Thanks, what was the problem?

Just for a reminder, there’s still the issue with the Apache Solr not working (don’t really know what isn’t working there).

Also, I would appreciate to get an extension on the free trial since I haven’t really had any time to check it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.