Cross-Domain

• wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 6 months ago #22316

I just removed the previous inventory subdomain activation. You should be able to reactivate it now.

cbarwin
    Participant
    3 years, 6 months ago #22317

Okay, got it. With my configuration, domain and sub-domain with the site cloned on the subdomain, am I only able to do a global search? Therefore, I’m not able to use my own theme on the subdomain? When I select local search, it only finds a tiny fraction of the products in my index.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    cbarwin
    Participant
    3 years, 6 months ago #22319

Yeah, I followed that. It’s not terribly clear.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 6 months ago #22320

Basically what is described in the documentation is:
    – Create a new index from one site admin
    – Use the same index definition on the other site to share the index content
    – Select “Local search” or “Global search” (and WPSOLR search template for the global search) in screen 2.1 on each site
    – Index both sites

cbarwin
    Participant
    3 years, 6 months ago #22321

Got that. My question is whether I have to use a global search since I’m using a subdomain. I’m obviously not able to clone my website if I can’t use my own theme, which seems to be impossible if you’re using a global search. Therefore, you’re not able to share an index across cloned sites. Is that correct?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 6 months ago #22322

The global search will indeed use the custom search template, but keeps using your theme elsewhere.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by wpsolr.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.