Bug when filtering taxonomy term as a non logged in user

• pridigital
    Participant
    7 months, 1 week ago #35769

Hi there,

I am currently encountering an issue with the WPSolr plugin, specifically related to its behavior when non-logged-in users attempt to use filters. Despite my efforts to resolve this problem, including switching to an alternative theme, modifying the taxonomy, deactivating all other plugins, and various other troubleshooting steps, I have been unable to rectify the situation.

Here is the scenario:

I have a taxonomy named “genre” with a term called “comedy,” and a facet named “actor.” When I, as a logged-in user, visit the following URL, the plugin functions as expected:
    /genre/comedy/?wpsolr_fq%5B0%5D=actor_str%3AJohn

However, when I am logged out, the plugin automatically redirects me to /movies/comedy/, which is not the intended behavior.

I kindly request your assistance in providing further guidance on how to resolve this issue and also inquire if this behavior is, indeed, a bug within the plugin.

Thank you for your assistance once again! 🙂

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by pridigital. Reason: url updated
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    7 months, 1 week ago #35771
    pridigital
    Participant
    7 months, 1 week ago #35812

Are you using a custom taxonomy and a custom post type in the demo? I think the bug is happening in that scenario only.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    7 months, 1 week ago #35813

Indeed. Product is a custom post type, and product-category is a custom taxonomy, both brought by WooCommerce.

pridigital
    Participant
    7 months, 1 week ago #35814

You were right! I’m sorry for the confusion. The Yoast SEO has a new experimental feature called “Remove unregistered URL parameters”. That was causing the bug. Thanks for your support anyway!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.