ACF Fields do not appear to be indexed

• jnears
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38238

Hi

Since launching our website, we have had several complaints from people not finding content with certain search terms.

After a bit of digging, it appears that the ACF fields are either not being indexed or the search is not finding/returning them.

For example, we have CPT of ‘Variable’, and it has an ACF called ‘variable_label’. This is a basic ‘text’ field.

I included this field in the index and even gave it a boost of ‘4’ (our biggest boost is ‘5’ for the wp_title). I have also indexed the field ‘_variable_label’

I have deleted/reindexed all the data.

The ACF variable label on some of the posts contain the following strings:

‘Satisfaction with health’
    ‘Satisfaction with income’
    ‘Satisfaction with amount of leisure time’

When I do a search for ‘satisfaction’ none of these are returned

Please advise what the issue might be.

Note: Most of the standard WP fields’ bodies and content are being indexed and returned.

Many thanks

Jonathan

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by jnears.
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38240

You can use an analyser on your boosted fields. For that, choose the “Copy to a text field” option for your fields on the boost page to apply transformations like stemming, stopwords, or synonyms. You will need to reindex all your data.

jnears
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38241

Many thanks. This has worked.

Does adding the various boosts and applying the “Copy to a text field” option have any performance implications? I probably need to enable this for about 15 other ACF fields.

Thanks

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38242

No performance issues, no. Apache Solr is built for relevant text search and scalability.

jnears
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38243

Great

I really appreciate the speedy response to my questions!

Jonathan

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38244

🚀🚀🚀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.