Stop facets from refreshing unless other facet is selected

• 1 year, 6 months ago #31132

Hi,
    How can we stop the facet data from refreshing, unless we dont select another facet in a different filter. Currently, whatever filter we select, the data is instantly refreshing.
    Image image.png of Stop facets from refreshing unless other facet is selected
    For eg, if I select scooter or crayons in category, I dont want the category facet to change , but If I select a tag such as progen , then the category facets should reflect the changes.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 6 months ago #31134

This is not possible.

Facets are refreshed instantly on purpose to guarantee that there are always some results displayed.

Let say you have 2 results, post1 with facetA, and post2 with facetB.
    Clicking on facetA will show post1 and hide facetB.
    If you could click on facetA and facetB, then refresh, you would get no results at all. Which is the worst case scenario for any visitor.

1 year, 6 months ago #31135

We are using OR filter, so even if they don’t refresh when we check inside , still it will be not issue for us. As we want user to select multiple things inside a facet, and then narrow down the search using other type of filters.
    First filter A might be like : different type of accessories, which allows multiple selections without refreshing , the next filters will narrow down this filter A if user selects. other filters be like color, size etc, which will refresh the filter A on select.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 6 months ago #31136

I understand, but this is not possible. This part is coded in very complex javascripts, out of reach of the WP hooks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.