Real time indexing not working

• Stefan
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38091

Hi,

new Posts are not being indexed into our SOLR index automatically on our site.
    On form “2.2 DATA” of the WPSolr Settings page, Stop real-time indexing is NOT activated.
    Only after clicking ‘Index selected post types’ on form “3 Send your Data” the new contect shows up in our search results.

Are there any other settings I have to check? Any idea what could be causing this?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    Stefan
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38093

No, all changes and new posts are made manually in the backend, we use no api for that.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38094

Do you see the WPSOLR notice message “Post indexed” when publishing? (requires the classic editor plugin)

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38095

You should see the notice also after trashing the post.

Stefan
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38096

Interesting:
    If i write a new post and publish it, i get no WPSOLR notice message. Also, nothing from this post is in my search results.

If i trash a post, i see:
    (WPSOLR) Post removed from index
    If i then recover it from thrash and republish it, i get
    (WPSOLR) Beiträge updated in index
    And now, it appears in search results as well.

Another thing that crossed my mind after your question about using api to publish:
    Sometimes we use a future publishing date and then the change to status publish is done by a wp cron job. Would these posts get indexed automatically?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38097

Would these posts get indexed automatically?

Indeed, they should be indexed, as long as the standard WP hooks are triggered.

(WPSOLR) Beiträge updated in index

Do you see it in the post header, with the classic editor?

Stefan
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38098

Do you see it in the post header, with the classic editor?

Not sure what you mean, but it looks like this:
    https://prnt.sc/DFZ21IarlaZq

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 months, 1 week ago #38099

Thanks. That’s what I meant indeed.

Can you try without other plugins?

Stefan
    Participant
    4 months, 1 week ago #38100

Unfortunately, not so easily. I have only the production site available for testing at the moment. My dev site is on another domain and i don’t have a license for that domain anymore.

I will have a look at using your cron extension for now.

Stefan
    Participant
    3 months, 3 weeks ago #38360

Happy new year to all at wpsolr!

Unfortunately, also using cron is not solving our issue.

In order to test with deactivating other plugins to find a cause, i want to use our dev domain (https://dev.ourdomain.com). According to this post on a dev domain no license should be asked for. But i do get the message ‘(Feature-limited version, click to activate)’.

I am not sure if the information from the link i mentioned is still valid? What is the current situation of using a dev domain? What do i have to do to use full functionality on a dev domain?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 months, 3 weeks ago #38371

Thanks, I updated the post.

Stefan
    Participant
    3 months, 3 weeks ago #38398

Thanks,
    Is there at least discounted pricing for a second or dev-domain? It’s a bit annoying to have to buy a full licence just to be able to test/debug functionality.

Btw: I assume that the price of 1999€ per year mentioned here is a mistake??? Might be bad for your conversion rate (-:

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 months, 3 weeks ago #38399

Indeed, a discount of 15% is applied automatically starting from the second seat added to a subscription.

Of course, current customers keep the old pricing, while new customers will use the new pricing plans.

The new pricing schemes reflect the real value of WPSOLR Pro and WPSOLR Enterprise, a world-class seamless integration to:
    – 6 search engines: Apache Solr, Apache Solr Cloud, Elasticsearch, Opensearch, Algolia, Google Retail search
    – 3 vector search engines: Weaviate, Vespa.ai, Algolia NeuralSearch
    – 2 personalized search engines: Algolia personalized search, Google Retail search
    – 3 world-class recommendation engines: Algolia Recommend, Recombee, Google Retail AI Recommendation

Stefan
    Participant
    3 months, 3 weeks ago #38423

Just to make sure: if we renew our subscription after one year, we will pay the old price?
    In that case, we would add a second seat to our subscription for dev.
    But some more questions first:
    1. Where/how do we book another seat to the subscription?
    2. Is it possible to change the url/domain after a while to use this second subscripion on? So we might use it on antoher testing server or another future live project?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.