Real need for better Filtering Widgets

• Murat
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23474

in my site – i have more than 1200 brand – as one of search filters/facets.
    problem #1:
    WPSOLR allows me to select one filter at a time – using check boxes!
    Ration #1:
    A “checkbox” is used to allow for multiple selection – unlike radio box.
    ——–
    Problem #2:
    When I configure WPSOLR to allow multiple selection – the rendered widget is corrupted and the values are floating all over the screen.
    ——–
    Problem #3:
    WPSOLR should rather be using an enhanced select widget – and provide integration with scripts like Select2 or Chosen.
    such integration should make use of the templating of the select widget – whereby the product count showing next to each facet name should be in a separate span – I am using this template :::: ((( <span class=wpsolr_facet_label> %s <span class=term-count>%d</span> </span> )))
    _________
    Problem #4:
    WPSOLR does not have a numeric range selector widget for integer based fields – such as PRICE of product in woocommerce.
    i believe this is a basic feature that must be there.
    ===============================
    ===============================
    Finally – thanks always for the great module.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 3 months ago #23475

For traceability, I will answer to the first question. Please create one topic per other question.

You can restyle radiobox layout icons by overriding the default radiobox css:

.wpsolr_facet_radiobox .select_opt:before {
        margin-right: 5px;
        content: "\f1db";
    }

Replace “\f1db” with any Fontawsome (https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery) unicode (https://waramo.co.jp/fa/)

Murat
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23479

thanks- i will create a separe ticket for each problem above – will consider first one as answered being a mere style stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.