Questions and doubts

• virtualyear
    Participant
    5 years, 2 months ago #9761

Hola, ayer adquirí el plugin.
    Tengo un problema y varias cuestiones:
    -El servidor de mi cliente es compartido y no puede instalarse el elasticsearch, en principio supongo que tampoco la opción Solr, hay alguna otra forma de hacer funcionar el plugin?
    – Compré el plugin porque leí que tenía integrado el tema Directory+, por lo que di por hecho que además de los Items del propio tema, podrá buscar otras opciones dentro de él, como productos, events-pro (del mismo creador del tema) o cualquier otra cosa que implemente en la web. Es así?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 2 months ago #9765

Hi,

Can you post your question in English, please?

virtualyear
    Participant
    5 years, 2 months ago #9778

Sorry for the translation:

Hello, yesterday I acquired the plugin.
    I have a problem and a doubt:

My client’s server is shared and the search code can not be installed, in principle I guess neither the Solr option. Is there any other way to make the plugin work?
    – Buy the plugin because I read that it is compatible with the Directory + theme. I infer that in addition to the Items of the theme itself, you can also look for other options within it, such as products, events-pro (from the same creator of the theme) or any other article created by other plugins implemented on the web. Is it like that?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 2 months ago #9781

I understand that you cannot install locally Elasticsearch or Solr. In that case, you can hire a hosted index.

The simplest hosted solution with WPSOLR is opensolr.com

you can also look for other options within it, such as products, events-pro (from the same creator of the theme) or any other article created by other plugins implemented on the web

In fact, yes, and no.
    Yes, because WPSOLR can search any custom post type, like Directory+ items, or WooCommerce products, or bbPress forums.
    No, because it is not obvious to know how your theme will manage all those post types in its search template code. So, if you have a WooCommerce theme, it is designed to display products nicely. If your theme is Directory+, it is designed to display items nicely. Same for Listify and listings post types.
    But if you ask WPSOLR to return products with Directory+, or items with Flatsome, nothing good will probably come from that.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 2 months ago #9797

I forgot to mention, here is the Directory+ documentation

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 2 months ago #9850

I made a small test on a local Directory+ site. I indexed items, products, and several other post types.

WPSOLR was able to retrieve all the post types. But Directory+ showed only items in the search results.

anant
    Participant
    4 years, 11 months ago #11513

Hi,
    I am currently evaluating your WPSolr plugin and wanted to check if there is any option/ways to have two search box displaying content from “WP Pages” and another from “Courses”. These search boxes are in different pages. In my opinion, there could be two solutions:
    1. To put some code to filter the results based on whether the search box is for WP “Pages” or “Courses” or “Posts”
    2. Create different indexes for them

Please let me know how can this be solved.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 11 months ago #11514

@Anant Can you please create a new topic with your question in https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/forum/licenses-and-billing/presales-enquiries/. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.