Problems creating first Solr index
I’ve downloaded WPSolr Pro and have installed and activated it. I’ve also got an instance of Apache Solr installed and running. This is all on a VM on an internal IP address where I’m using real world data for testing, Solr 8.7.0. and your plugin v22.0
I’m trying to connect the indexes now but am running into trouble. I obtained the index path from the Solr Dashboard and entered into the config screen at Tab 0 and then entered the rest of the details required. I had to create most of the paths specified by the plugin such as configsets and the index/conf under that. I then ran the curl script (curl -L -o index.zip https://www.dropbox.com/ etc) and then tried to save the configuration. This failed with the error message “This index name already exist.”. Is there anything I’m doing wrong here or missing out?
But that’s what I’ve done. starting again with nothing showing in the Solr Core Amin, I tried again creating a new index, called chimes, and didn’t put anything in Solr. in the plugin I entered the server details and gave it a path to use. At this point there’s nothing showing in server core admin and the only extra directory I’ve created is /var/solr/data/configsets. I click the button at the bottom and get all the instructions on what to do then click the button at the bottom again. This returns
Solr HTTP error: OK (404)
HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found
MESSAGE: Not Found
So I check the path and they’re not there. So I create them and get “Inde3x already exists” message. So I delete everything and try again this time making sure the directories existed before I clicked the button the second time. I got exactly the same 404 message as before and clisking the button a 3td time brought up the “Index Exists” message.
I’m using this path for the index
And these are the log entries
Loading stored lookup data failed
Exception in reloading spell check index for spellchecker: suggest
Just in case there was a version problem I removed Solr 8.7 and installed 7.4. Same problem! 404 can’t find ../admin/ping even though its right there.
There are a couple of different log messages though
You should not use LATEST as luceneMatchVersion property: if you use this setting, and then Solr upgrades to a newer release of Lucene, sizable changes may happen. If precise back compatibility is important then you should instead explicitly specify an actual Lucene version.
Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis class [solr.LatLonType]. Please consult documentation how to replace it accordingly.
There are a few others on the plugin type
This is what I was doing.
Unfortunately an update (not sure if it was to my VM or Ubuntu) has left me unable to properly use the Solr interface. None of the links work. I suspect the VM software (Fusion on Mac) since the problem occurs in snapshots taken before the update.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.