No Results on WooCommerce Category Pages with Algolia

• mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 4 months ago #22558

I am testing this plugin with Algolia and so far, almost perfect!

One issue I am dealing with is related to products not displaying on the woocommerce category pages. Products are only displayed on the Shop and Search pages. Under “replace frontend archives” I have Search and Categories selected.

Is this due to my php version (7.4)? I saw a related post from not long ago but it looks like it was addressed in v22?

WooCommerce 4.4.1 Archive Pages not showing products

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 4 months ago #22559

A quick update here:
    I kept running into errors trying to send data to Algolia. Not sure what the deal is but I just went ahead with the “Test index using Elastic Cloud” and used the same exact configuration as I was attempting with Algolia. With Elastic, there were no errors at all but I did notice while it was indexing that there were categories that still didn’t have any products.

When it finished I noticed that there were categories that are showing products. Doing some poking around it looks like the issue is with the high-level categories that don’t themselves have products BUT their children (or sometimes grandchildren) do have products.

So I guess my questions are:
    – Do products need to be assigned to all the parent categories as well as the actual category they are assigned to?

– Is there a way to avoid adding all the products to their parent categories in order to have the facets reflect the accurate number of products in all products children to each attribute?

The only other problem I have is the errors seen only when trying to push data to Algolia which I will dig further into and post in a new ticket.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 4 months ago #22565

Let’s work on https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/errors-when-sending-data-to-algolia/ first. There is a good chance it will help solve this topic also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.