Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8807

Another problem:
    And I can not select the post-type …

Elasticsearch index error all shards failed

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8810

You have to select them in screen 2.2 (make other screens 2.x too)

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8811

Ok, it starts to work …
    To search by date (from … to …) you need another extension?
    If you could ever activate it?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8812

No filter by date yet.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8813

Too bad … can you do it with a filter that would save the year of the post in an ACF and then we would use a slider on this field ACF?
    If not, is it planned to do so on the date of publication?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8814

The slider layout should work:
    https://ionden.com/a/plugins/ion.rangeSlider/demo_advanced.html

Which UI exactly?

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8815

By years … for example we can search all the article on theme X from 2012 to 2014 …

And another question: the journalists (authors, but who are not the wordpress authors) are attached to the articles (and other CPT) by a ACF relationship field, how do I do so that in the search, if I type a journalist name. In fact I would even like the journalist to be a facet …

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8816

I did not deal with dates or ACF relationships … for lack of needs on very complex cases.

For example, for dates, we can have hard filters (today, yesterday, last week ….). Or ranges (by week, month, semester, 23 days …). Or a slider. We must also take into account the display formats.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8817

1. I looked at Kibana, and I see that “author” is indexed with the value of the WordPress author. And I thought to myself that by using perhaps one of the hooks of the documentation of WPSOLR, I could have replaced the author WordPress by the author (s) of the ACF field of type relationship “article_author”.

2. Then for the filter by date, I did not quite understand if it was possible or not … Ideally, we would like to have a facet which by default covers all the dates of publication of the articles (and other custom post type – a little more than 10 years of history) but can be shortened at both ends (type slider: for example from November 2009 to January 2010) or with 2 fields of type date (beginning and end) which would filter the search on all articles after 1.11.2009 and before 1.1.2010 for example.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8818

1. One can do better by creating an ACF field, select it in 2.2 and 2.4. Then use https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/actions-and-filters/index-modify-custom-fields/ to populate the field before indexing.

2. Same as 1. filling in an ACF date field with years for example. Then configure it with a facet range for example.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8819

1: You would have a sample code? We watched the doc hooks but it’s very laconic 😉

1 & 2: It bothering us a bit of having to mill the 60000 existing posts to fill the new ACF fields but it’s possible. But we still wonder if it is playable to do indexing with a function that would replace the data of the field author (currently the wordpress author) by the journalist (s). Ditto for the year … it is indexed 6 times (I see ds kibana) – would it be possible to use one of the fields to do the range facet?

"fields": {
    "date": [
    ]
    "modified": [
    ]
    "displaymodified": [
    ]
    "displaymodified_dt": [
    ]
    "displaydate_dt": [
    ]
    "displaydate": [
    ]
    }

If you think it’s better to do ACF fields and remouliner to populate them, we will do the fields …
    Thank you very much in any case for this outstanding support.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8820

1. All filters are used in the plugin code.

2. No grinding. The ACF fields are not filled in database, they are just filled and sent to Elasticsearch at the time of indexation

tientq
    Participant
    5 years, 2 months ago #10185

I got same error with WPSOLR PRO 21.1

tientq
    Participant
    5 years, 2 months ago #10186

I tried to connect with amazon elastic service or bonsai but not success. It’s work fine with eplasticpress plugin. Please help me

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 2 months ago #10187

Please show here the screenshots of your WPSOLR configuration index screens with the error.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.