Multisite on same domain

• duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29085

Is it possible to have the search results on the root multisite subsite and index all of the multisite network or do we need an individual license for each subdirectory subsite in the multisite network?

Thanks,
    Don

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 2 months ago #29086

You can build a federated search indeed, and define which sites get a private search, and which ones can send their content to the federate site search results.
    Each site will require a license.

Documentation and limits: https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/activate-extensions/cross-domain-search/

Price volume discounts: https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/multisite-pricing/

duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29087

Thank you for your reply, I see the 60% discount on 10+ sites. Will the 10+ sites renew annually at the same price and if we need to add more sites at a later time will those additional sites be added at the same cost/site?

Thanks

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 2 months ago #29088

Indeed, the volume discount is also applied at renewal. And you can add more sites anytime, with the discounted price.

duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29092

Thank you, I have one last question about DEV & STAGING. We have custom domains on Kinsta and 3 of our development domains do not match the requirements exactly to use the plugin without licensing for development purposes. They look similar to the following:
    ******-uat.***.umich.edu
    ******-dev.***.umich.edu
    ******-sandbox.***.umich.edu
    Will any of these work for development and is there any way to set it up to work without changing our domains at this point?

Thanks!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 2 months ago #29093

Unfortunately, no.
    Domains should be dev.*, test.*, staging.*, or internal Kinsta domains like mydomain.kinsta.cloud

duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29094

Can we easily move a license around, if we were to keep 1 or 2 licenses on our UAT server, could we assign the license to a different subsite and the plugin settings will remain intact? That way we can have an active license for User Acceptance Testing that we can move around.

Thanks

duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29095

By the way, I did test just now on our DEV server and the license does work successfully with our DEV domain! We only need an alternative solution for our UAT server. Thanks.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 2 months ago #29096

You can deactivate your license on one site, and activate it on another site, yes.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    duck
    Participant
    2 years, 2 months ago #29098

Excellent, thank you for fielding my questions, I appreciate all of your help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.