Multiple taxonomy filters with Polylang

• daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9322

Dear Sir,

My site uses a Directory Theme with built-in Polylang.

As a directory theme, it provides Taxonomies for Item Categories and Item Locations; I have created a number of item category and location taxonomies.

However, I would like to have multiple filter drop down menus (especially for mobile users which have less space) so that users can filter/search based on their preferences. At the moment the theme displays taxonomies for item categories as icons shown on my test site below:

https://www.mydomain.com/cat/cars-for-sale/

Basically, I would like to have multiple filter drop down menus on both pages above instead icons displayed. For example, on https://www.mydomain.com/cat/cars-for-sale/, I would like to have drop down lists for these taxonomy terms (Fuel, Gear Box, Make):

Fuel Gear Box Make
    -Petrol -Automatic -Toyota
    -Diesel -Manual -Freelander
    -Nissan

etc. so that users can use the above drop down menus to filter their searches with multiple selections.

Here are the hiararchy of the above taxonomy terms I created using the directory theme:

Motors
    -Cars For Rent
    -Cars For Sale
    –Fuel
    —Petrol
    —Diesel
    –Gear Box
    —Automatic
    —Manual
    –Make
    —Toyota
    —Freelander
    —Nissan

etc.

May I have the following questions:

1. Is your plugin compatible with Polylang?

2. Can it be used to created multiple taxonomy drop down menues for filtering purposes on listed/directory website?

3. Can I customise it in a Template so that those drop down menus can be displayed on specific pages?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Daro

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9491

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I had to recover your topic from spam.

1. Is your plugin compatible with Polylang?

We are compatible with WPML and Polylang, yes.

2. Can it be used to created multiple taxonomy drop down menus for filtering purposes on listed/directory website?

Yes, all your taxonomies, terms, and custom fields can be used as dynamic filters.

3. Can I customise it in a Template so that those drop down menus can be displayed on specific pages?

All our filters are dynamic: they do not appear if the current search results do not contain them.

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9564

Hi sir,

Sorry for a delay and thank you for your reply.

Is your pricing per year and per site?

Do I need to pay for renewal every year?

Cheers
    Thon

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9565

and will I get support to customise custom taxonomy filters on front end template?

Cheers

Thon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9567

Is your pricing per year and per site?
    Do I need to pay for renewal every year?

Pricing is per year and per site, indeed. You’ll need to renew each year.
    You can download a full version to install on a test environment.

and will I get support to customise custom taxonomy filters on front end template?

Of course, as long as it remains in support domain. We offer dedicated paid service if you need custom developments.

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9589

Hi sir,

Thank you for your reply.

Hm, it is not affordable for my listing website. I virtually make no money from my site.

Do you have one off fee for your pro plugins so that many more users can afford buying it?

Cheers
    Thon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9591

What would be your idea?

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9611

Like Advanced Custom Field (ACF) which provide one off fee for life time updates with one year support. I think if you could do that, there are many more people buying your plugins as not every WP site makes thousands of dollars like Amazon, Ebay, etc.

Cheers
    Thon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9613

Thanks.

So, the current pricing, but for an evergreen subscription (no renewals fees), would be more acceptable?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9621

We have decided to test your suggestion.

You can find on the pricing page a new one-off offer, with lifetime updates and forums support.

It is a test. If your hint is true and we notice more signups, the offer will stay. If not, the offer will be removed.

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9675

Thank you for your offer.

Do you mean if you dont get more signups, I will have to pay monthly fee?

Cheers
    Thon

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9676

Do you mean if you dont get more signups, I will have to pay monthly fee?

If you buy a lifetime subscription, you will pay your one-off price, and keep the lifetime updates even if the offer is withdrawn from sale.

daro2013
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #9737

thanks. It is great offer, and hope your company will get high sales soon.

I would like to clarify if your plugin works to meet my needs? will I be able to create multi-drop down menus to filter custom taxonomies for my directory website whose theme is developed by the same people who did Directory2+ mentioned on your website?

Here is the default theme website:

https://www.skiw2dmsg.biz

If yes, will I get some support from the forum to do that; I need some guidance to start with.

Cheers
    Daro

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #9739

will I be able to create multi-drop down menus to filter custom taxonomies for my directory website whose theme is developed by the same people who did Directory2+ mentioned on your website?

I did not try the theme you use, Business Finder Directory Listing
    You should download our plugin, install it on a test environment, and check if it fits your needs.

If yes, will I get some support from the forum to do that; I need some guidance to start with.

We provide a forum support (suggestions and Q&A), not guidance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.