Limited options

• O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #16821

In Brand and material and size there are limited amount of options to choose from, while there should be more options to choose from. If I higher this amount on the back end, the text of the variable ends up as static on my website. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #16822

Sorry, I’m not sure of what you’re talking about. Which options, in which screen?

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17445

Hi, sorry for not being clear.
    I am trying to set up the filters in a way we want them to be displayed. We are using the plugin but we find that whenever we use it and have a high amount of variables the plugin in does not display all the variables in the filter.
    So the filter for example is brand. The filter is set on selection box from our library. However, not all the brand that are available are displayed in that selection box. If I higher the amount on the back end, to display 50 items, the filter is now static text on my website, showing different brands.
    My question is, how can I make sure all my brands are visible, without it turning into static text aka breaking it?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17446

How many brands are there to display?

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17449

At the moment we have 1.412 different brands.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17452

That could explain. I’m not sure an HTML drop down can contain thousands of options.

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17458

What would you suggest we could do best, and how to fix this so all our brands will appear?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17459

Use a layout “Checkboxes”, with the “Show More” link activated.

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17460

Can I override the Show less tekst with my own text?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17461

Yes, in tab “2.6 Texts”

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17480

Hi there!

Unfortunately using the “checkboxes is not working for us.

Because there are 1.412 different brands we do not want to show them all in one big line.
    And besides it is still not possible to show them all. When I say I only want to show 10 and show the rest with show more, I get to see 20 and the button show less.. So still not all the brands.

I would like to use the selection box but not all brands are showing. How do I fix this?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17493

Use “10” in your “Show more” option. But also, increase the “No. of values to be displayed by filters” option in screen 2.1 to 2000.

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17518

Would it be possible to add a search box here as well, so people can easily find their favorite instead of click Show more over and over again? The drop down option does have a search box, so it would be great if we can have it here as well.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 2 months ago #17523

I will try to find out why the select2 list does not display your 1500 brands.

O-O
    Participant
    4 years, 2 months ago #17576

Hi There,

Noticed you replied for this on a different topic

It seems that your select2 filters with the “multi-selection” option are showing up correctly.

Did this solved your issue?

No this did not solved our issue. The select2 filters does show multiple options. Except it only shows 20 options and we have 1.412 options

How do we make sure the select2 filter shows all the options?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.