License type and language

• 35o4jyrx
    Participant
    2 years, 6 months ago #28012

Hi,
    I have a website in French and English (using WPML). On the WPSolr checkout page I see I need to choose a language. What it means exactly? Is it a language of Solr index? And does it mean I should buy two separate licenses for French and English?

Thanks,
    James

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 6 months ago #28013

If you mean the payment checkout page from Verifone, this is just a choice of language to understand the payment instructions.

Regarding license, WPSOLR requires one license per WordPress site: one license for one WP single-site domain, or one license per site on a multi-site WP.

In your case, with WPML on one domain, you need one license, even with 2 or more WP languages.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by wpsolr.
    35o4jyrx
    Participant
    2 years, 6 months ago #28015

Sorry, then I was confused by the fact in the test environment I can only add English index.

So how can I set up an index in other than English language? Is it simply not possible when testing?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 6 months ago #28016

You will have to create 2 indexes, as described on https://www.wpsolr.com/documentation/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/activate-extensions/wpml-add-on/

With Solr, you’ll need to modify manually one of the schema.xml files to set a French analyser.
    With Elasticsearch and Algolia, you can select a language analyser on each index definition.

35o4jyrx
    Participant
    2 years, 6 months ago #28056

Thank you.
    I noticed that the price for the plugin on the page you shared starts from Eur 99. However, the Pricing page shows only one option: Eur 199. Does it mean the price may be lower (maybe behind Consulting Plan)?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 6 months ago #28058

The only price is the one defined on the pricing page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.