HTTP request failed, Could not resolve host

• pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9239

I have followed video for test index and i get this message Solr HTTP error: HTTP request failed, Could not resolve host: b1238d3d-d976-4aef-b330-5eedbb5020e6-cluster.solrdata.com

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9240

Hi,

This is a Solr test index, which is deprecated. Please delete it, and create an Elasticsearch test index instead.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9242

Can i ask you for installation tutorial for dummies. I want to try your plugin in my test environment. WordPress is updated to latest version, WooCommerce to latest version, all plugin updated, Xstore theme. If we are satisfied with speed and look and feeling we will purchase licence and install on live server. Could you point me to right direction?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9243

Create your test Elasticsearch index. Follow the tutorial mentioned above, and you’ll get your test index up and running in 30 seconds.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9245

I’m stuck on Create free test index. Nothing is happening like in video.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9246

You seem to have problems contacting our Elasticsearch servers. You’ll need to install a local Elasticsearch or Solr.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9247

Right on. Is it “burden” like you said or i could digg into it? 🙂

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9248

You could try to check your WP logs for errors.

Do you have php curl extension activated on your server ? (WPSOLR uses this extension to communicate with ES/SOlr ). You should see php or WP error if not.

But sometimes, the hosting provider is blocking all outbound ports. You can ask them.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9249

I checked, and curl is not installed on my server.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9250

Here is the php cURL manual: https://php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9251

Is it easier to install local Elasticsearch or Solr server? How can i do this. Our site is on dedicated server, i have root privileges on server.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9252

https://www.wpsolr.com/wpsolr/search/install+apache+solr. But you’ll need curl and php-curl too.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #9253

I got that. But what is bugging me is what is better solution. Local server or your server? I guess local server is better.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #9254

Local server is faster, and free.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.