Hosted or not hosted?

• pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8873

I am trying to understand whether you are offering a search engine solution that is hosted on your servers, or is it hosted on our servers? And if on ours, do we need to install Solr and/or any other software?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8874

We provide a WordPress plugin only, it connects to Solr or Elasticsearch, which can be anywhere you like:
    self hosted (recommended), or hosted.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8875

So this requires setting up solr and the knowledge to do it.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8877

We have around 25-30 websites. We used Google Site Search on some and Relevanssi on others. Neither solutions are good, and we’re really looking for something much more robust. Many of our websites have hundreds of thousands of posts and custom data. But search engines are not our core expertise and I’m struggling to find a good solutions provider.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8878

One Solr can manage all your sites, each site will use one index (or one index per language if multi-language)

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8879

Do you provide a multisite license?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8880

What do you mean?

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8881

Well, your pricing is per site. Do you have a price for multiple websites? For example, if I want to buy a license for unlimited websites (developer license) or a price for 50 websites?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8882

How many sites do you look for?

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8883

we currently have about 30 or so.

But we always prefer to buy a license that gives us flexibility — because we also have a development iteration of each site, and we add or sign up new websites at about 5-6 per year.

We have our own datacenter of dedicated servers, we provide a full development and hosting service to our websites. So we prefer to buy global licenses where possible.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 4 months ago #8884

You will receive an offer by email.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 4 months ago #8885

I need to inspect some more our capabilities for SOLR, but certainly your plugin can solve a lot of our problems in then connecting SOLR to our sites.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.