filtering products on mobile

• Bodav
    Participant
    2 years, 5 months ago #28102

Hello, a question about the category filters on mobile. we have a lot of clients complaining that hey are not working on mobile, and then i check and it’s perfect. what happening is that they open the mobile sidebar and click on a category from the wpsolr facets, and indeed it seems nothing is happening because the sidebar stays open and there’s no some sort of confirmation that anything changed so they think it’s not working.. what do you suggest we can do about it? is there a way to close the sidebar and notify somehow that the filtering was success or something?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 5 months ago #28103

Probably because the loading gif and overlay are centered on the results container, which is not really visible while the mobile sidebar popup is open.

You can change that with the option “Ajax Overlay container” in the “Theme” extension:
    – .res_facets
    To center the overlay on the facets

– #main
    To center the overlay on the whole page

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by wpsolr.
    Bodav
    Participant
    2 years, 5 months ago #28106

thanks, and is there an option to close the sidebar after selection? so it will be even more clear

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 5 months ago #28107

No option for that, because it depends on the theme’s behaviour.

But a javascript event is triggered after the overlay is closed:
    jQuery(document).trigger(‘wpsolr_on_ajax_success’);

You should be able intercept this event in some theme’s custom javascript, to close your theme’s mobile popup.

Bodav
    Participant
    2 years, 5 months ago #28108

will try, thanks.
    i also noticed that the filters on the siderbar, are overiding theme setting and i can’t actually remove the sidebar from ONLY shop page. i decided to use categories only on freshuk.co.il/shop so am trying to hide the siderbar just for that page, and theme settings are not affecting the filters?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    2 years, 5 months ago #28109

WPSOLR facets is a standard WP widget. You can remove it from any sidebar (shop, or other), and even change the layout of your shop page to not display any sidebar (depends on your theme).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.