Empty "misc" output since WPSOLR Pro 21.5

• euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    4 years, 8 months ago #13688

Hi,

after updating from WPSOLR Pro 21.4 to WPSOLR Pro 21.5 we’re missing the “misc”-data (author name and date) from the result page. After outputting the “result” array in the twig template I noticed, that all fields inside “result.meta_information” are empty.

For this I used the following code:
    {% for key, res in result.meta_information %}
    {{ loop.index }} – {{ key }} – {{ res }}<br>
    {% endfor %}

result:
    1 – author –
    2 – category –
    3 – date – –
    4 – comments_number –

Do you have any idea about what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Vincent Burkhard

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    4 years, 8 months ago #13689

Sorry, I forgot some additional information:
    – I tried to debug the issue in the file: /wpsolr-pro/wpsolr-templates/twig/search/result.twig
    – I added my for loop after line 57 – these lines here:
    {# Meta information #}
    {% block result_metas %}
    <div class=’p_misc’>
    – I also tried to change the search template in the settings (part 2.1), no difference.
    – I also tried overwriting the template files via child-theme. The results are the same.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 8 months ago #13692

Thanks. I will check why meta informations do not appear anymore on the Ajax search template.

But I would recommend in the same time to use your own theme’s search template, by using the theme option in screen 2.1

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    4 years, 8 months ago #13769

Hi again. I just checked: We are using the theme option in screen 2.1. The result stays the same when I turn it to WPSOLRs custom search templates so I think that’s not the problem. Even without changing anything the problem occurred with the update from 21.4 to 21.5. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 8 months ago #13770

We are using the theme option in screen 2.1

Now, the search is on your standard url /?s=, which will display your theme’s search template.

euwid_burkhard
    Participant
    4 years, 8 months ago #13771

Okay, thank you. We’re gonna keep the old version for now since we need to keep the filtering and same look for our customers.

I tested the theme search template with “our url/?s=” on a local staging and the meta information shows in this scenario.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 7 months ago #14028

https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/release-21-6/ is released with a fix for missing author informations on the Ajax template.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.