Disable all sorting by plugin

Tagged:
  • danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 4 months ago #31515

Hi, I have a custom sort written outside the plugin for our custom post types. Is there a way to remove any form of default sorting created by the wpsolr plugin, so the CPTs respect my custom sort?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 4 months ago #31516

The search engines will sort by relevancy (scoring) if none is mentioned, which is also the default WPSOLR sort.

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 4 months ago #31517

Is it possible to remove all sorting generated by the plugin?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 4 months ago #31518

If you select the WPSOLR’s default sort “Relevancy”, no indication of sort will be sent to the search engine.

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 4 months ago #31520

In setting 2.5 Default first sort, if no sort is selected by the user I have “Most Relevant” selected. Is this the setting you’re referring to? As it is overriding my custom sort. If I deactivate the plugin, the sort returns as expected.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 4 months ago #31521

WPSOLR is replacing archives queries, including post type archives. Your custom sort cannot be applied.

danmaby
    Participant
    1 year, 4 months ago #31522

Can you share which files/functions within the plugin are initiating the sort? I do not need to use any sort functionality, so I’m interested to know if I can remove it altogether.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 4 months ago #31523

If you wrote your own sort for your own queries, they both will be replaced with WPSOLR’s queries and sort. You cannot have your sort with WPSOLR’s queries.

Regarding WPSOLR sort, there is always one and it cannot be “removed”. It is either the default relevancy sort of your search engine, or a sort from a custom field.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.