Croatian translation is not supported?

• pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #8919

Hi Patrice,

Amongst the list of supported languages, Croatian is not listed. Is there any reason why creating wpsolr-hr_HR.mo would not work (I tried, but it does not work at this point)?
    Is there something I can do/contribute to make this possible, at least unofficially?

Thanks in advance,

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8920

Hi,

Did you follow ? :
    “You can find a wpsolr.pot file in WPSOLR’s /languages folder.
    Use it to create your .po and .mo files (wpsolr-fr_FR.mo and wpsolr-fr_FR.po).
    Copy your .mo files in the WordPress languages plugin directory (WP_LANG_DIR/plugins).
    Example: /htdocs/wp-includes/languages/plugins/wpsolr-fr_FR.mo or /htdocs/wp-content/languages/plugins/wpsolr-fr_FR.mo”

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #8921

I did follow instructions.

You have a file manager there so you can see where the files are placed. I changed just a few strings to test it out, like “Filters” to “Filteri”, “By %s” to “Po %s”.

I placed in languages/plugins wpsolr-hr_HR.mo and also a copy named wpsolr-hr.mo, following the example of woocommerce-hr.mo, which works.

I am looking at facet labels. You can just search for letter “a” to get many results, as there are only 26 test products in the DB right now.

It all reverts to English in my case.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8922

I can see only ‘en’ files in languages/plugins

Facet labels are not managed with .po files.
    Just change them in the facets menu 2.4

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #8923

Yes, the labels are not the problem, but keywords like “Filters”, “By %s”, that I assume is handled by .po (the strings are there).

This is what I see:
    Image wpsolr-admin-plugins-folder-listing.png of

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8926

This is what I see:
    Image wpsolr-admin-plugins-folder-listing-1.png of

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8929

Else, use “Use this page to localize’ in screen 2.6. No need of a translation file then.

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #8930

We seem to be looking at completely different sites. On my site, I dont even have a product type “goods”, and have various different plugins on the left.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8931

It was due to google translate!

pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 3 months ago #8932

So I’ve tried every single way of figuring this out myself, but I am giving up.

I really don’t know how it is possible we are looking at the same path on the server and I can see the files and you do not, but it does not matter – I now installed Loco Translate and everything should be clear. A proper MO file is generated, but still nothing gets translated. You can see the full info from Loco Translate.

Unfortunately, I cannot use 2.6 option to change the strings as this will be a multilingual site, so I have to make the mo/po mechanism work.

The login credentials I have given you are still valid. Please see what you can do.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 3 months ago #8933

If you use WPML, we use WPML string module for all translations anyway.
    Use 2.6 for the base language, and WPML strings for other translations.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.