Configuration on Woodmart Theme

• Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32052

Hello,

I have installed WP-Solr on localhost and created the index. I am unable to replace the search box and configure the search results, facets etc. Can you please guide?

Best Regards,
    Jagannath

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32053

For facets, activate the WPSOLR facets widget.

If you select “Replace search” and select the template “Use my own theme template” on your screen 2.1, it should be enough.

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32054

I really cannot find “Replace search” option in screen 2.1

My website URL: https://lucknowdigitallibrary.com/search-wpsolr?search=lucknow

I have two major problems:
    1. Unable to replace wordpress default search box
    2. Unable to configure result page

Kindly help

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32055

WPSOLR does not replace your default search box, not other UI elements. It replaces the query for archives selected on screen 2.1 (“Replace front-end archives” check boxes).

You also need to select “Search template” option value “Use my current theme search template” to ensure your theme will display results returned by WPSOLR’s query.

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32056

I have checked on “Replace front-end archives” on screen 2.1 and also selected Search template. But still the website is showing wordpress search. Is it anything to do with compatibility with woodmart theme?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32057

I can see some facets (not from WPSOLR) on your search. Can you deactivate them?

Please also active the Query monitor add-on to check if your search query is powered by WPSOLR.

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32059

I have removed all the facets. I have also activated query monitor. Still not showing any solr search results.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32062

Did you install and activate the Query monitor plugin? (it is required by WPSOLR’s Query monitor add-on)

Please add the WPSOLR facets widget on your archive side bar.

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32064

Yes I have installed and activated the Query Monitor plugin. I have also added WPSOLR facets widget on archive side bar. Still no result.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32065

If you created a view in WPSOLR, check that you configured it completely, or deactivate it.

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32066

After deactivating view in WPSOLR, search seems to be working. I am still not sure whether the search is happening though default WP search or through WPSOLR. However, I can see the filters and sort by options from Solr.

Can you help me in adding search filters from Woocommerce product attributes and product categories?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 2 months ago #32067

If you see the WPSOLR facets, it means search is powered by WPSOLR.

To add more filters, you have to:
    – Select them (taxonomies or custom fields ) on screen “2.2 Data” for each post type.
    – Then reindex all you data.
    – Then add them on screen “2.4 Facets”

Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 2 months ago #32069

I have selected Product Categories, Product Tags under “2.2 Data”. While running the indexer, I am getting the following error:

Error on line 447 of file /home/ltcorg/lucknowdigitallibrary.com/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/classes/models/post/class-wpsolr-model-post.php: Array to string conversion

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    Jagannath
    Participant
    1 year, 1 month ago #32498

Hello,
    I was able to configure WP-SOLR on Woodmart theme. URL: https://lucknowdigitallibrary.com/publications

The Facets are not showing as per the theme stylesheet. How do I change the design of Facets?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.