Can this plugin replace the default query?

• tientq
    Participant
    1 year, 10 months ago #29740

Can this plugin replace the default query? For example, I have a website with 1 million products, if I open 1 product page, it will take a few seconds for the website to finish loading. After using wp solr, does the website still get information from the database or solr?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 10 months ago #29741

WPSOLR will replace the default query for archives, like search, taxonomy, author, ….

In your case, it will replace the 1 million products WooCommerce shop page, product search page, and product category page queries.

After a query is called on Solr, Elasticsearch, Algolia, or OpensSearch, WPSOLR sends results back to your theme’s standard WP loop to let it display the results as usual.

Other queries, like all queries called to build the product detail page, are not replaced.

tientq
    Participant
    1 year, 9 months ago #30285

Which is better Apache SOLR or Elasticsearch? I installed Solr on my 32GB and 64GB server but I checked some case studies on your website and see almost them used Elasticsearch. Why that?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    1 year, 9 months ago #30286

I love Apache Solr. It is lightweight compared to Elasticsearch/Kibana, with a user friendly admin. If you do not need all the analytics.

The reason why we have many Elasticsearch demos is because most of our demos are on Cloudways, which provides a free Elasticsearch pre-installed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.