Can I get free seats on my license for my dev/test sites ?

• pseudo visitor
    Participant
    5 years, 6 months ago #6498

As far as I know the plugin can activate only 1 domain. But we have 2 internal domains just for testing.

I mean we have the main site and 2 test sites. I can activate the plugin just for 1 domain, as I only bought one seat on my license.

Can you add more ?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    5 years, 6 months ago #6499

Sure.

We can add more seats on one license, on the condition that they are used to activate non-production sites.

ENMUROS
    Participant
    4 years, 11 months ago #11217

I am also interested in this. How do we go about requesting a dev license?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 11 months ago #11219

You can install the plugin, no license asked, on any domain prefixed or postfixed with dev|test|staging:

localhost
    dev.domain.com
    domain.dev
    test.domain.com
    domain.test
    staging.domain.com
    domain.staging

dnikola
    Participant
    4 years, 6 months ago #13926

hi

I am trying to install and test on dev.domain.me

but getting error
    {“status”:”0″,”message”:””,”return”:[]}

What does this mean?
    It is not first time to setup this, but first time to get this error …

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 6 months ago #13928

Can you create a new topic for your issue. It seems to be related to Solr/Elasticsearch.

ekimunal
    Participant
    4 years, 6 months ago #13940

We are using local. before it moves to staging; does this apply to version 20 too? How can we add this for local subdomains?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 6 months ago #13942

Version 20, the wordpress.org release, does not require a license.

For local envs, use any domain containing dev|test|staging and define the domain with 127.0.0 in /etc/hosts

joehobson
    Participant
    4 years, 5 months ago #14359

I’m using version 20.9 (can’t upgrade yet due to host compatibility issue) and on my localhost.localdomain copy it’s asking for a license (Your subscription’s maximum number of 2 ‘WPSOLR PRO – All packs’ licenses is reached. Please remove some licenses first, or upgrade your subscription to add more licenses.)

I would be fine adding 2 more domains to my subscription (WPSOLR PRO – Lifetime) but the subscription system says “There are no upgrade options available for this product.”

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 5 months ago #14360

It seems you’re unlucky:

1) The “no license required” is only from WPSOLR 21.1 https://www.wpsolr.com/forums/topic/release-21-1/
    2) “WPSOLR PRO – Lifetime” licenses are no more sold, nor can be upgraded.

You can either install a recent version to get the “no license required”, or deactivate one of your 2 licenses.

joehobson
    Participant
    4 years, 5 months ago #14361

I don’t think it’s considered “luck” when I purchase a product that’s labeled “lifetime” and within 6 months it’s dead – that’s usually considered false advertising or poor product development. I don’t mind paying for it, but it should work.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to deactivate a site from the subscription dashboard, and I can’t get the plugin to activate even on an installation with the same domain that I already paid for – https://www.evernote.com/l/AIE3e6icyVFF6oVPOFV_vQVaAez9lVSbyAs

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 5 months ago #14362

The lifetime license is not dead. You keep it, and get the support and updates, as advertised. You just cannot buy more licenses.

Concerning your screenshot, an activation is not linked to a url, but to a site (or database if you prefer). Which means you need to deactivate the license from the original site that activated this url.

joehobson
    Participant
    4 years, 5 months ago #14373

Can you manually remove an activation from our subscription? We bought an extra license for a developer to work on a local copy and he’s no longer on the project or available. If it’s tied to his database, it’s just a wasted license and there’s no way for me to deactivate it (would be great if you could do this from your subscription screen). And regardless, it’s just for development purposes, and as you said at the beginning of this thread “We can add more seats on one license, on the condition that they are used to activate non-production sites.” … I just want to be able to support development without buying several more licenses unnecessarily.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 5 months ago #14375

I removed the activation for your localhost domain.

For development seats, they are now supported from version 21.1. It replaces the old manual procedure that you mentioned.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.