Bug: WProcket compatibility

• mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 2 months ago #24565

Not sure if this should be posted here or WProcket but I am going to share with both.

Basically, everything works great and the only issue is that it WProcket doesn’t seem to work at all on the actual search page. Any ideas why this may be? I am utilizing the JS/CSS minification and the JS delay which are what I can tell aren’t working.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 2 months ago #24566

What does not work?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 2 months ago #24592

Basically, the entire File Optimization section. They responded by saying that all caching is disabled on the search page but that didn’t really answer my question. Waiting to hear back from them and will post back to let you know what I find.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 1 month ago #25104

Found the issue and a solution. Many WProcket features are disabled on any URL with a query string. This is fine for caching being disabled but all of the actual caching features in WProcket are disabled anyway at most hosts. The problem though is that they actually are disabling more than just the caching and also any minification, CSS optimization, js optimization, and any delaying.

This can be addressed by installing the following plugin provided by Wprocket:

https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/29-caching-the-search-page-result

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 1 month ago #25105

Thanks for the feedback.
    Here is is the WPRocket explanation:

By default WP Rocket does not cache results of WordPress’ search functionality.
    In order to enable caching for search results, install the following helper plugin:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.