Bug: Page keeps refreshing on random (?) plugin admin pages

• mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23487

Not sure what’s going on here but when I am on WProcket admin or WCsheets editor (maybe others but haven’t found any) every few seconds (10 seconds) the page refreshes. When using developer tools to see whats going on it appears that its this file that is intiating the refresh:

/wp-content/plugins/wpsolr-pro/wpsolr/core/js/autocomplete_solr.js?ver=22.0

This confuses me because I am not even using the wpsolr autocomplete.

Any ideas what’s going on or things I can look into?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 3 months ago #23488

I suggest to debug the problem by opening your chrome inspector, opening the autocomplete_solr.js file in “sources”, and adding breakpoints to find the origin of the problem.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23501

Is the autocomplete_solr.js required even if I am not using the autocomplete?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 3 months ago #23502

It is used for all sorts of reasons on front-end, or back-end if you activate the “Replace admin archives” on screen 2.1

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23503

Still trying to track this down. Its looking like it has something to do with the Heartbeat API.

Curious though, even if autocopmplete_solr.js is required on the front end. Why would be it be loading in the backend of wordpress?

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 3 months ago #23504

Because WPSOLR can also replace backend archive searches, or add backend archive suggestions.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23505

Just an update here:
    I created a staging site and the only two plugins enabled are WPsolr and WProcket using the 2020 theme. The refresh happens so quickly (every few seconds) that it’s hard to get in and really analyze anything. I will dig further and post back but please and advice you have please send.

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23506

Ok, I think I tracked it down. If, after going into the WProcket settings it will refresh every few seconds. However, if you click on another page and the back to WProcket the problem does not exist. This then allows me to open the autocomplete_solr.js file and bebug.
    Its looks like line 114 is the issue and related to the back button issue that recently surfaced?
    Screenshot: https://ibb.co/TT9mKq8
    Thoughts on addressing? It doesn’t feel like this code needs to be loaded in most of the backend?

mcl7
    Participant
    3 years, 3 months ago #23519

“It is used for all sorts of reasons on front-end, or back-end if you activate the “Replace admin archives” on screen 2.1”

– That’s whats weird, I first thought of this when I saw the issue and checked. “Replace admin archives” is not selected?
    Sreenshot:
    Screen-Shot-2021-01-12-at-12-02-46-PM

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    wpsolr
    Keymaster
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.