Baseless URL in results.

• 4 years, 12 months ago #11818

Hi there, interesting search tool. I’m actually looking for a solid & simple product querying tool, but more-so for Woocommerce products.

What i’m shooting for is a clean URL structure like:

windshieldwipers.com/bmw/325/

But with a filter tool that can load these queries and reflect the actual product categories & tags into the URL. (I’ll be using another tool to remove the base URLs of /category/ and /products/). But I need to know if this plugin is capable of honoring the natural links of the site > more-so, and AJAX navigation widget. Often these will help with product variations as well.

Thanks guys,

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 12 months ago #11819

Hi,

We could indeed map urls to filters by code. But the facets urls would keep their current structure.

4 years, 12 months ago #11820

Does this require customization of the plugin code? Or does it offer this built in?

I’m just curious how the search builds its base URL, I currently use permalinkmanager.pro to remove Base URLs from Woo & WP, so I have really clean URLs. But I noticed, this plugin also has filters, so it would be stellar to have a one-in-all solution for product search & navigation.

4 years, 12 months ago #11821

Basically, I need to remove wpsolr/search from the URL, but, also, I need to make sure those exact same URLs generated are also landable pages that can rank with their meta data. I’m not expecting the plugin to update the meta data with AJAX, but, I do expect that when the page loads, the meta data is showing what I have set in the WP/Woo Category & Tag.

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    4 years, 12 months ago #11824

Does this require customization of the plugin code? Or does it offer this built in?

It will require some code, using WPSOLR actions/filters.

Basically, I need to remove wpsolr/search from the URL, but, also, I need to make sure those exact same URLs generated are also landable pages that can rank with their meta data. I’m not expecting the plugin to update the meta data with AJAX, but, I do expect that when the page loads, the meta data is showing what I have set in the WP/Woo Category & Tag.

Is your question about search urls “/?s=”, or custom urls like “/bmw/325” ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.