Attachment files search availability approach and activate package question

• brandonfang
    Participant
    3 years, 9 months ago #21352

Hi,

I would like to know how to make uploaded files like pdf, ppt, docs searchable in WordPress if I choose elasticsearch as my search engine. Could you provide the tutorial for this?

In addition, because our company will use it in offline environment, could we activate the plugin without accessing internet?

Thx

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 9 months ago #21353

Hi,

Nothing to do special to get attachment files indexed and searched, appart from selecting which file extensions will be indexed, and installing the Elasticsearch ingest attachment plugin: https://www.wpsolr.com/guide/configuration-step-by-step-schematic/install-elasticsearch/

You will be required an internet access to be able to validate your license code.

brandonfang
    Participant
    3 years, 9 months ago #21356

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Upon your reply, all we need to do for making it searchable in files’ contents with extensions like pdf, ppt, docx… is uploading the files via media in wordpress. Remaining process is controlled by WPSolr no matter what search engine we choose.

About activating the plugin, could you provide us the web addresses that needs to access when activating the plugin?

Thx

wpsolr
    Keymaster
    3 years, 9 months ago #21359

Exact.

The license activation will need to reach api.wpsolr.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.